Selecting the right theme for my directory listing

• Hello peeps

I’m trying to find the most suitable theme for my site, with all the functionalities I require to avoid lots of coding and customisation.
    However, it’s quite hard to compare and find the right theme,so I am hoping the expert community could help me :)

I want to create a simple directory listing site with following key functionalities
    Map search
    User geo localisation ( so they can search around them )

Login area for user
    Advertising solution to promote some listings
    Ratings and reviews
    Payments

Ideally, I’d like a theme that I can then easily customise myself such as drag and drop.
    Of course, site needs to be responsive, mobile friendly, fast loading…

Is there an existing theme that would combine all of the above?

Thanks

• It’s not the theme that offers the services you need, but plugins do. To install third party plugins (and themes), you must upgrade to the Business Plan.

• The business plan includes your domain fees for the first year, site hosting, and the other features listed at https://wordpress.com/pricing/ Let us know if you have more questions.

• Thanks.
    I was thinking of buying a theme that would include most if these features, so I was wondering if one was better Thant the other for what I need as themes include multiple plugins.
    So what’s the difference between buying a theme and having business plan?
    It seems more cost efficient to pay a theme at $50 and maybe add a few plugins, father than. Pay $33 per month

• Hi @jamesbaket0, the issue is that you wouldn’t be able to add plugins on our servers unless you have a business plan.

This might help:

WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org

You can use our service, which provides hosting and management, as well as support with paid plans. You would not need the Business plan to add any of our own premium themes. But if you use our service, you would need a business plan to add plugins.

Or, you can buy hosting elsewhere, and set up your own free WordPress installation there. Just remember many hosts do not offer WordPress management and support, or they may charge extra for it. So running your own copy is a good option if you want to handle the technical end of things yourself. You would not have our staff support, and you would be responsible to handle any issues on your own. But you would still have access to the WordPress.org community here: https://wordpress.org/support/forums/

• The topic ‘Selecting the right theme for my directory listing’ is closed to new replies.