RSS images are too small

• Author

Hello,
    My images aren’t showing properly on my bloglovin account. Apparently they are too small, how can I change the settings of my RSS-feed to make the RSS-preview of the image bigger?
    Thank you in advance!

The blog I need help with is designjoyblog.com.

daclements

Hi Jules,

I see that there are various images embedded in your RSS feed posts (ranging in size from 96 pixels wide to 640 pixels wide), so I’m curious as to which one Bloglovin’ is picking up. Can you please provide a link to the Bloglovin’ page in question?

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the reply!

I actually changed the way I was posting the images on wordpress, and now I’m starting all posts with a single image to be embedded in my RSS feeds as I’ve noticed the problem happened when the first image was part of a gallery‚Ķ for some reason these images were all small on the feed and therefore blurry on bloglovin. Is that normal or I was doing something wrong?

I left one post unchanged so you can have a look, it’s entitled “ski holidays” and it was my first post.

http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11842233

Thanks again!

daclements

Hi Jules,

OK, I’m glad to hear that you got to the bottom of this by yourself.

You weren’t doing anything wrong: it’s just the way that Bloglovin works to pull in these images. My guess is that because the images were in a gallery, the first image that Bloglovin found when it crawled your posts was a thumbnail, which was then being blown up on Bloglovin, resulting in the blurry image that you discussed.

If you have any more issues, please feel free to get in touch

druesome
    Staff

Hi there!

I caught wind of this while trying to solve a similar problem. Just wanted to let you know that I’ve taken this up with my team and is currently being looked into. Thank you for your patience!

Andrew D.

druesome
    Staff

Hi again!

Just quickly looked for another workaround and found something else that might work. Go into your blog’s Media Settings found on this page:

http://designjoyblog1.wordpress.com/wp-admin/options-media.php

You’d want to set the thumbnail size to something larger than 150, say 300px then click Save. That should set your thumbnail sizes to the specified size and in turn reflect in your RSS feed. Hope that works well for you.

Thanks!

Andrew D.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you so much for looking into this again. I’ll change the settings as you said and see if it works with my next post.

Cheers,

Julia

druesome
    Staff

Cheers! Let me know how it goes. :)

The topic ‘RSS images are too small’ is closed to new replies.