Rowling Theme home page centering

• Hi!
    I have a problem with centering my home page in Rowling Theme. It’s showed on picture below:
    Picture
    Number one from the picture: I want to center all of text and picture, this free space is a problem.
    Number two: how to resize width of sidebar? (I find that the original width of sidebar is 297).
    These are my first steps with WordPress, I need your help :)

Thank you!

• Hi saferazr,

I’ve looked at the homepage on bezpieczniewinternecie.wordpress.com and it currently has an excerpt of several recent posts. Do you want to keep those? Or would you prefer to have a static page with a text and image (no posts) instead?

You can send me a link to the layout you are referring to on the Rowling theme demo site if that would be easier.

Number two: how to resize width of sidebar?

The sidebar width is coded into the theme, so custom CSS would be needed to make that change — custom CSS is a feature of the Premium plan and above.

Once I know more about your plans for the homepage, I can look some options :)

• Hi gemmacevans,

Thanks for your response :)
    On our home page (first what users see) I want to keep excerpt of my last posts. People should see first our posts, then everything else (like static page “about us”).

Okay, I see now that I used wrong term – I didn’t write about home page, this was about About page . Here you can also see that “problems”.

The sidebar width is coded into the theme, so custom CSS would be needed to make that change — custom CSS is a feature of the Premium plan and above.

So this is possible that layout like this was purposely make to enforce the user to buy Premium plan..?

• Hi there,

No, it wasn’t set up that way. It just so happens that what you’re particularly asking for requires CSS which a feature included in our paid plans. Many themes would require CSS to change certain layouts, depending on its setup.

• The topic ‘Rowling Theme home page centering’ is closed to new replies.