"Request Feedback" button vanished

• Removed with no good reason. Really?

I also used it quite often.

“We love positive and productive discussions”.

I would like an explanation for the deletion. Respect.

• I’m missing the feature too.
    Used it for every post to get a final check from a collegue.
    Sent him the request link, got his feedback, made final corrections (or not) and published.
    Tried using Google Docs, but having it in a draft, being able to see what it looks like, with pics and tags and everything, just worked so much better.

• Right, you’re not forcing us to use it, you’re just removing our other options.

The Request Feedback function didn’t require the other person to be logged into anything to use it. Now we’ll both have to be logged into Google accounts which will track you, possibly read our posts before they are even live/finalized (like they do our emails) and will tie you to anyone you send them to for feedback, because that’s how Google works.

• Hello Staff!
    I also used the feature on a regular basis, actually for every post of my monthly blog.
    It is very simple to use and does not need any changes, additions or maintenance efforts!
    It would be great to bring it back and keep it just as it was,
    Best Regards,
    Oded Dagan

• Very very bad news for me too!
    I used this function each time I wanted to publish a new post.
    It was very valuable indeed, allowing me to correct spelling mistakes or to amend the look, layout etc.
    I am not happy with this decision.

• Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback everyone, it is being passed on to our developers.

@jeanlemotard
    @kokkieh provided some information about why this feature has been retired here: https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/request-feedback-button-vanished/#post-3134798.

• Hi,

I had been digging around wondering why it had disappeared as well.

I use this feature as part of our school’s newsletter process. Before posts can get published, I used the “Request Feedback” option to e-mail three different perspectives to ensure everything included was correct. It’s an essential part of the protocol to ensure there are checks and balances in the posting process. Edits could be made prior to posting and sharing with our school population.

Thank you for any efforts to restore this type of tool! It’s greatly appreciated.

• Count me as another user surprised and disappointed to see this feature go away. I always used it so a friend could make comments, help with layout, word flow etc. It was a critical feature for how I use wordpress to make my blog. There was no need to improve it, it could have just stayed in the way it was.

• tanders1 – We appreciate your feedback. Please see the link Gemma has posted above in her last reply. All of these comments are being recorded as feedback.

• caryelementary – We appreciate your time to let us know how this tool was useful to you. Your feedback has been passed along.

• Every post on my web site has been reviewed using the “Request Feedback” option. It’s use has been an essential element of my monthly dealing with the client. They are not at all computer savvy, so asking them to learn yet another tool (Google Docs) is out of the question.

I need an alternative that allows the client to see exactly what will be published, not a copy/paste version that’s rendered almost the same as what will be published. We don’t take kindly to formatting errors that are all too common with copy/paste.

As a developer, I can understand taking away an unused function. That said, I always offered a workable alternative. Google Docs is not acceptable.

Thanks for listening.

• May be this idea helps. In order to share a draft, I have published a new blog post with its date set at 1 year ago (I don’t want it to be seen in the front page). This post is password protected.

Whenever in the future I want to share a draft, I will replace the content of that post and share its link and password.

• I used this option almost for every post. Searched for an hour today if it maybe was moved to another location/window. Removing a frequently used and easy option is no improvement.
    I also vote for its restoration please.

• Add us to the list of people who went to use this feature and found it gone. We didn’t use it often, but it was invaluable when we did. Looks like we are going to have to have a hidden page as well…

Grrrr!

• That’s an interesting idea, @novuelvoaengordar . If you use that, please ensure you’ve disabled publicizing to social media sites.

@joshagelaars
    and @boardgoats, thanks for your feedback too.

Again these changes were definitely not made in malice. Sometimes we’ll need to consider whether to spend developer time updating a feature or opt to retire it. Knowing how useful it was to you really helps, and any specific feedback you have about your workflow is helpful as well. So thanks to all who have helped that way.

• @novuelvoaengordar as I was sharing that feedback with our developers, it occurred to me you’ll want to watch out for site followers a well, since they could get a notification even of a backdated post. Sorry about that. But the fact that this means enough to you that you’d create this workaround is significant, so I am mentioning that.

• I strongly agree with all of the comments above. Request Feedback was a wonderful feature and I would like to see it reinstated. I publish a small poetry journal via WordPress. Twice a year (so not a lot) with 50+ poets (quite a few to manage via other means).

Enabling them to view their poems, in a draft post was brilliant. Also, I had the feedback right there on the left when making changes. It was both simple and transparent for the poets and for me.

Speaking of transparency — I’ve spent the last half hour trying to figure out whether WordPress had moved or removed Request Feedback. At the very least you could post a message in the spot where it used to be announcing that you’ve discontinued it!

Very unhappy with this change! I wish you would reinstall it.

• If you guys don’t want to maintain such a feature, then why not allow free or personal or business accounts to at the very least download an approved Share Draft plugin? That way you don’t have to maintain anything, the plugin developer does.

• @aestheticwebdesigner Sounds like a perfect solution to me. Sadly, doesn’t seem like the WordPress.com team are too interested in bringing more plugins to plans other than the Business, which is frustrating. Hope they do this though.

• Ditto, putting in my vote as well. Please bring this feature back. We used it for all of our posts (usually 1 or 2 a week)…as we want a second pair of eyes to check wording of the post or page, hyperlinks, etc. Screen shots of the preview are what we are having to do now, and those are just ineffective.

• The topic ‘"Request Feedback" button vanished’ is closed to new replies.