Read More tag doesn't work in email notification

• Author

Thank you for the details. I’m wondering, how do you create your posts? Are you doing it directly from the WordPress.com dashboard or are you using WP-admin?
    have you started using the Block Editor just recently or are you still creating content using the Classic one?

alicht2014

Hi,
    I write the post in Word, then paste them using the Classic editor, and then tweak with the text in the Classic editor.
    I follow a “protocol” of sorts: open editor using the +Write button [I suppose it’s the WordPress.com dashboard], paste text, insert “Read More” tag after the first paragraph, insert LTR html tag in the English text, mark quoted text as quotes, etc.
    I tried using the Block Editor but it less convenient for the way I write and edit, especially because of the Hebrew.

kokkieh
    Staff

It looks like a recent change might have broken the expected behaviour of the Read More tag/block in email notifications.

This has been reported to our developers already, but for now setting your site’s feed settings to summary is the only way to now send out the full post in email notifications.

alicht2014

Thanks, kokkieh!
    First, it is good to know that I wasn’t just hearing voices.
    Second, I tried the summary setting in a new post yesterday and it is highly frustrating. 55 words is simply not enough for a meaningful first para. even if only for a “teaser”. So I will look forward to fixing that problem.
    Cheers

So when is this going to be fixed? And nice of WordPress to let everyone know about this. Our email has gone out and it looks rubbish.

alicht2014

I can only second you.
    Staff?

supernovia
    Staff

We don’t have an ETA, but I can say our developers are actively working on this one.

alicht2014

Thanks!

kokkieh
    Staff

Hi there,

This issue should be fixed now, so the more-block/tag should be respected in email notifications again.

alicht2014

Hi there,
    Fantastic. Many thanks.
    Hope to test this myself soon enough and that other will, too.
    Should I mark this subject as resolved?

justjennifer

Hi Amir, you could, but I’d check back after you send out your next post. :)

justjennifer

Hi again Amir, I’m just confirming that this morning’s email notification of your latest post was cut off at the More tag.

Best wishes.

alicht2014

Hi there,
    Thanks for following up!
    Yes, things look good now. Thanks for fixing it.
    Cheers

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.