Question about free domain discount for first year.

• Hello. I have a quest about the free domain discount for the first year.

I cannot decide the domain name yet, but I would like to build the site first.
    So is it possible if i join the business plan yearly right now, and temporary use the my-site-name.wordpress.com for the domain.
    And later on, say one month later, I decided my domain name. Is the first year free discount for domain is still available?

Thank you in advance.

The site I need help with is [visible only to staff] (email visible only to moderators and staff).

• Hi there,

You can definitely do that, yes.

The free domain credit in the plan will remain available until you decide to use it, even if that’s only after your plan has already been renewed for a second year.

In other words, the credit will cover one year’s domain registration, regardless of when you decide to start that domain registration.

Just keep in mind this means the annual renewal payments for your plan and domain might be due at different times of the year, as the domain renewal payment will be due based on when you register the domain, not based on when you buy the plan.

• Thank you very much!

So I will go for the free domain first and decide my domain sometime later.

• Let us know if we can help with anything else :)

• The topic ‘Question about free domain discount for first year.’ is closed to new replies.