Publication Theme

• I am trying to customize my blog page by adding a picture to the background.
    I uploaded and selected the picture but it doesn’t show on the site. I need some help!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

Setting a background image at Customize > Colors & Backgrounds on the Publication theme doesn’t result in the image displaying in the background in my tests. I haven’t yet detected any effects produced by changing the palette or adding a background image at Colors & Backgrounds on a test site with the theme applied. A set background image might partially display in a border on especially large screens, but that’s an educated guess based on similar results on other themes.

The large featured image displayed at the top of the homepage on the Publication demo is the featured image set on the most recent post. Your post doesn’t seem to have a featured image set. The Featured Image section of the Publication theme guide says:

Each post displays a full-screen Featured Image, which will enhance your story. The large Featured Image is also used for the first post on your blog’s homepage. It works best at 2000px wide and 1500px high.

See also the large featured image on the About Publication page of the demo for another example

• See also the Featured Images support page.

• Thank you for those links! I had to set the featured page option.
    This is a whole new world to me :-)

• You’re welcome. : -)
    That the latest post displays with a full-width featured image at the top of the blog page is a rather odd feature of that theme. I can’t recall another theme that behaves that way.

• The topic ‘Publication Theme’ is closed to new replies.