Problem with black vs white letters at editing post

• Author

stickans

Hello!
    I have a dark theme, grey to black, named Parament. Always when I have write or edited a post in my blog (called “Nyheter” in the menu, I have been writing black letters against the white bottom at editing. Then I get white letters against the black/grey bottom in my theme.

But, when I made my last post, named “Lite bilder från dagens tur in till Hagfors”, I suddenly get black letters in my blog and couldn’t watch anything. Black letters against grey/black background is of cause not proper. In order to get white letters in the post, as usual, I here had to write with black letters in editing mode, as usual,but then before publishing change to white letter in order to could read the post.

Due to this I just now have to mark all words in editing mode and change from white to black letters, before I can read the text in edition mode.

Anybody here who have an idea about what have gone wrong – and how I get it right again?

Here is my WP-blog: https://stickans.wordpress.com/

The blog I need help with is stickans.wordpress.com.

timethief

Let’s ask Staff to assist you with sorting this out. I will type modlook into the sidebar tags on this thread for Staff help. How do I get a Moderator/Staff reply for my question? https://en.support.wordpress.com/getting-help-in-the-forums/#how-do-i-get-a-moderatorstaff-reply-for-my-question Subscribe to this thread so you are notified when they respond and be patient while waiting. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.

supernovia
    Staff

@stickans do you still need help? I’m not seeing black letters. If I had to guess, though, did you copy over from another editor, like a Word document? It may have specified the black setting for you. You could fix it by pasting into HTML mode, as outlined here:
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/microsoft-word/

stickans

Thank you supernovia!
    I don’t remember, but sometimes I write in Word and cut and paste, so now I’m quite sure – you are right, I’m sure that you have solved my problem! Just now I have to go to a golf competition, but when I come home, I will try to write directly and I hope all will be OK!
    Once again, thank you!

supernovia
    Staff

@stickans you bet. Or if you just paste into the HTML side, that will do, too. You’ll just want to re-add formatting on the visual side.

Cheers!

stickans

supernova, I changed to HTML mode, as you told me, and could see “span style”. I assumed that this was the willain of the piece, so I delete this “span style” – and I succeed! The problem was solved. The text in the post was just now only a couple of sentences. If it had been a lot of text, perhaps I had to edit in another way?
    supernova, I’m really satisfied with your help!

supernovia
    Staff

Nice work! If it had been a lot of text, just paste into the HTML side to start. You’ll lose formatting from your word processor, but it can be re-added.

stickans

Very good tip, so thank you once again!

supernovia
    Staff

No problem at all. Cheers :)

The topic ‘Problem with black vs white letters at editing post’ is closed to new replies.