Posts and pages do not display

• Hi, I recently started a WordPress site, and published a blog post. It seems my posts do not display unless the viewer has a WordPress account?

Am I able to make blog posts that are visible to the public and show up in search results with a free wordpress account?

Thank you for any reply.

• Hey that worked! Thank you Macmanx!

So it looks like my pages display also… despite that I chose the free version for my WordPress site. Tell me please, for promoting a service… in this case an Ad Copy, and Writing / Editing service, are WordPress pages or blog posts preferable? Does one have advantages over the other for SEO ranking, visibility, etc?

Thank you again for any replies.

• Hi @tristanluke, if you make the whole site private, only you and site members you add will be able to see it:
    http://en.support.wordpress.com/settings/privacy-settings/

Hoping that helps!

Regarding SEO: for a site offering services, I’d recommend pages for listing each service. Then if you want to update the site regularly, write articles frequently, too, and link to those services when it makes sense.

For example, if you’re a landscaping company, you could list your services:
    – Mowing
    – Weed Control
    – Tree Trimming
    – Landscape Design

And then you could have an Articles section where you answer questions in depth each week or so, or talk about recent projects and show before and afters.

Does that make sense?

Also we have some great SEO resources specific to WordPress.com listed here:

Optimize Your Site for Search Engines (SEO)

• Thank you! I am sincerely grateful for this excellent info. Well, allow me to share the link with you, please. It’s for my Ad Copy / Writing service.

This allowed me to enter in all those tags… I had a plan to post this in various cities, to promote the service. Do you still feel pages are preferable?

• Ah okay.

I had a plan to post this in various cities, to promote the service

So, making copies of the same posts for different cities could be considered spamming. I’d recommend against that.

You have your service listed, so you might consider periodically writing posts about completed projects you’re proud of, if your clients are willing. You can link to their sites, or talk about their product and how you came up with ideas.

Or, when your clients ask questions like, “How can I find the right words for _____?” you could write a blog post about that and include some of your thought process, what works, what doesn’t work, etc. And then invite people to get in touch if they want to hire you to do it for them.

Does that help?

• The topic ‘Posts and pages do not display’ is closed to new replies.