post not posting

• I’m posting a comment on somebody’s blog and the comment is not printing. Posted others on this blog and they went through but this one isn’t. Any ideas why this might be happening?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I’m posting a comment on somebody’s blog and the comment is not printing. Posted others on this blog and they went through but this one isn’t. Any ideas why this might be happening?

Generally, a comment doesn’t post right away for one of two reasons:

1) It’s in moderation (which can be turned on by the site owner or can be invoked by any number of factors, such as number of links)

2) The comment was trapped by Akismet in the spam filter (rare if this hasn’t happened to you before)

You may just need to wait until the blog owner sees it in moderation before it appears.

• Some blogs moderate all comments, some blogs require a previous comment to have been approved.

There have also been problems where your IP address or email was placed in their black list (spammers spoofed your ID) and your comments are getting thrown away.

Your best bet is to try and contact the Admin of the blog and ask if your comments are being thrown out in error. Akismet has also been known to make mistakes and put good comments in the trash, for instance when I check my spam filter I tend to only look at the first 50 pieces of junk and then only for less than a minute, mostly just scanning for obvious junk on the left side (who from) before I hit delete all.

• As someone who gets around 150 spams per day (currently, it has been as high as 450 per day) about all I can do is scan them for pattern. Luckily I have very few innocents getting caught. Of course that lulls me into complacency and sometimes I end up deleting an innocent’s comment.

Damn spammers anyway.

• The topic ‘post not posting’ is closed to new replies.