Post going directly into archives and skipping blog page

• Hello,
    I am ready, i think, to beging posting my reviews. problem is, I can’ t figure out why may posts go directly into the archive folder and skip my page totally.
    I just figured out how to add categories and then made sure the specific category I wanted the post posted in was checked off. but the test post still went directly into the archives.

see I have different categories depending on what I’m reviewing, i obviously want to post reviews on shoes under Fashion-shoes and ensure it ends up on the shoes page only. not on the events party page, makes sense, and figured that out on my own, however, now i have this archives problem.

any suggestion?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• The blog you specified at tinatsreviews.com does not appear to be hosted at WordPress.com.

This support forum is for blogs hosted at WordPress.com. If your question is about a self-hosted WordPress blog then you’ll find help at the WordPress.org forums.

If you don’t understand the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, you may find this information helpful.

If you forgot to include a link to your blog, you can reply and include it below. It’ll help people to answer your question.

This is an automated message.

• Great! this sucks the big one. I’ve left tons of msgs on the .org forum to no replies.
    so i figured I’d double check to see if anyone else had my problem, and low and behold they did, and there were their questions! But NO ANSWERS and it’d been so long their question was closed.

how does one figure out something, if i’m paying for this site but can’t figure it out and it’s running on wordpress you’d think there would be some kind of question answer ability.

otherwise may as well just cancel it all together.

• This is almost certainly related to the theme you are using so I suggest contacting the theme designer. According to their website, full documentation would have been included in the theme download package, so you need to unzip that and read through the documentation.

inkthemes.com/support/

Also, they have a support forum for each of their themes. I’ve not included the http://www at the beginning of the links since I would likely trigger the spam filters here.

inkthemes.com/supportforum/forum/colorway-themes

I would suggest you switch back to the standard default wordpress theme till you get this theme figured out since it is obviously a very advanced theme and you are going to have to educate yourself first on its capabilities and how to make everything work. Then you can switch back to this theme.

Past that, this really isn’t something that the volunteers here at wordpress.COM can do anything about and as I said, this is not likely a wordpress issue, but a theme issue.

• Thanks for at least sending me in the right direction.
    seriously, thanks so much as i’ve been at a standstill for 3 days now because of this.

cheers
    T

• You are welcome and best of luck.

• The topic ‘Post going directly into archives and skipping blog page’ is closed to new replies.