Possible Account Conflict

• Author

dangerdes

Hello. I seem to have gotten myself into a bit of a pickle and unfortunately, I’m not sure I really know how to articulate the problem succinctly, but I’ll try to be as clear and brief as possible.

Essentially the nature of the problem is that I believe I have multiple Worpress accounts and I’m not sure how to resolve them.

But more importantly, I manage a templated photography website (danielgerdes.com) which came equipped with a WP blog feature which lives at http://www.danielgerdes.com/blog/. Last week I received an email from the company that created and hosts these sites stating “You are receiving this email because we detected an intrusion on your WordPress blog.”

Sure enough,. when I went to my blog address, there was nothing there. white space. Oddly however, when I logged into the admin through http://www.danielgerdes.com/blog/wp-admin, everything was intact.

Here’s where it gets interesting. My nickname on this particular account is dangerdes. and the email associated with the account is (email redacted) However, dangerdes also happens to be the username of another(?) wordpress.com account that is associated with my personal email (email redacted).

To make matters worse, I’ve recently begun developing WP sites for others and during development I’ve been hosting them locally (using MAMP) and logging into the admin area using dangerdes as my username.

Did I break WordPress? Please help. I sense that I have much to learn, but I really do enjoy working with WordPress. Any insight you can provide me with would be greatly appreciated!

Lastly, the ratbacon.wordpress.com blog that is cited below is something I created as a placeholder during the initial setup of the danielgerdes.com/blog process. It has never been used and I don’t ever plan on using it for anything.

The blog I need help with is ratbacon.wordpress.com.

timethief

This is too complex for me. I’ll tag this thread for a Staff follow-up. Please subscribe to the thread so you are notified when they respond and please be patient while waiting.

dangerdes

Thank you, timethief for taking the time to read that novel of a post. As it turns out, I was able to isolate the issue to the extent that I now know for certain that it’s related to the Autofocus+ Pro theme that I was using. Theme Supply, maker of the Autofocus theme, openly warns that Autofocus+ Pro does not work for blogs hosted on WordPress.com servers. Not sure what that’s about, but my site is not hosted by WordPress. So, the search for answers continues. I’ll revisit this thread with any definitive answers I come across. For now I would consider it resolved, but I would love to hear from any other Autofocus users having a similar issue.

timethief

Thanks for the added information. I’ll leave the tag up for Staff so they are aware of the issue.

rachelmcr
    Staff

Hi there,

The blogs you mentioned are self-hosted WordPress blogs using the open-source software from WordPress.org, rather than blogs hosted here at WordPress.com. (Your only WordPress.com blog is the one at ratbacon.wordpress.com.)

If you’re having trouble with those self-hosted blogs, you can get more help from the WordPress.org support forums here:

http://wordpress.org/support/

timethief

@rachelmcr
    And I said was too complex for me – unbelievably stupid! (I’m crawling under a rock).

The topic ‘Possible Account Conflict’ is closed to new replies.