Polls only for members

• I am in the process of moving the website for a small political party from Drupal to wordpress. My question is related to polls. Is it possible to create a poll that only members of the party (those with login ability) can vote in?
    Someone suggested putting the polls on a password protected page, but they could simply give the password to anyone that isn’t a party member.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• At wordpress.COM, no there is not. I suspect you are putting this wordpress installation on the same web host as your current Drupal site, so that means you need to inquire over at http://wordpress.ORG/support/ as that is where the software for self-hosted blogs is distributed and supported.

What you will have to do is to get one of the membership plugins and set up pages and/or posts as members only as required. Some of the plugins require you to pay a fee to unlock the more advanced features of the plugin.

You will have to do some searching around over at .ORG though.

• The website is being moved from it’s current server (and host).

• Is it being moved to here at wordpress.COM?

• that is what I’m planning… however, the polling may be an issue

• The only possibility here is to either password protect the page/post with the poll, or make the entire blog private and then ONLY allow the users you want to have access. They would have to have a wordpress.COM account (don’t have to have a blog). You are also limited to 35 users on a private blog unless you get the unlimited user upgrade.

Might be best to keep things on a third-party host.

• The topic ‘Polls only for members’ is closed to new replies.