Pique: oval images?

• Hello, I am trying to adapt the new theme Pique, which really looks great.
    However, I found that images on a page will be displayed as ovals, which is really an extreme way displaying images. Is there a way around this?
    Thanks.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I found that concerns images that are displayed on the front page.

Also, text on frontpage is displayed centered.

It would help a lot if text could be diplayed non-centered and images as they are. Ist there any way to do that?
    Thanks for help.

• scandinaviancrime – could you provide a link to your site running Pique so I can have a look? Thanks.

• Yes (just using it for now for testing, please do not mind the content);
    the centered text can be avoided by explicitely formatting the text on the page that is to appear on the front page, but the images that are inside page are still oval (not the featured image, just regular images inside page):

https://filmtjenesten.wordpress.com

• Thanks for the link.

Right now, I’m seeing circles (not ovals) on images in the sections that are assigned to the Grid Template – that’s how Pique is designed, as you can see in the “Our Baristas” section on the demo. If you prefer not to have the images as circles, you have two options:

– add some custom CSS to remove the circle formatting (custom CSS is available with the Premium and Business plans and you can get help with the code in the CSS Customization forum., OR,
    – assign any page template other than the Grid Template, where the images will remain square or rectangular.

I don’t see any center-aligned text on your site at the moment, all text is left-aligned. Can you give me a sentence I should be looking for so I can find it?

• Ah, I’ve found the centered text that you’ve left-justified manually, I’m looking into it.

• I’ve also found the pink ovals, we’re looking into that as well.

• Thanks. It is wishful to have images inside pages that are children to page using grid page template. It would be amazing therefore, if ovals could be avoided as an option, just displayed as is.

(The circles are png files that I use as featured image for the child pages).

• Ohh, it suddenly works!!

• Our developer has just fixed the ovals issue! Only featured images should be rounded now. Stay tuned on the next issue.

• Amazing!! The theme is really nice.

Also, maybe a premium version could be offered that permits display of a porfolio based on category (where featured images of posts are displayed in a grid with category selector as text above grid). Just an idea…

Also, I happily pay for premium themes, but I would not pay for the subscription at wordpress (hope they will not change their premium theme model to subscription, as something seems to be in the making, wich usually does not mean anything good…)

• Pique’s developer had a look at the centered text, and that is working as the theme was designed. The area at the top of the grid page is really only designed for a short piece of intro text, which looks best centered. A simple workaround is to add left-justification as you’ve done, so it won’t be something that’ll be changed in the theme.

I will pass along your suggestion for a portfolio grid display as a possible future enhancement. Right now we don’t offer a “fremium” model in themes – themes are either free or premium.

• The topic ‘Pique: oval images?’ is closed to new replies.