Pinterest icon when hovering over images in post

• Author

mvdl2013
    Original poster

How do I get a pinterest image when hovering over an image? I have already gotten the link from pinterest which they say ‘post this code onto your page where you want’ but where do this go? I want to apply it to all previous posts and all posts going forward. I already have the buttons at the bottom of my page, but would like to activate this per image.

The blog I need help with is: myhomelifeblog.wordpress.com

timethief

You cannot embed any code and you do not need to. The Pinterest “Pin It” hover button will automatically appear on your WordPress.com blog if you have added Pinterest as a sharing button on your Settings > Sharing page and if you are also using the “Official buttons” for the style of the buttons (you can change it on that same settings page).

In fact we can hover over any image in a post and pin it if we are logged into Pinterest. If you have enabled the official buttons for sharing, a “Pin It” hover button will automatically appear for your images. https://en.support.wordpress.com/sharing/ All we do after clicking the share button is choose one of the images displayed in the post to pin. It’s as easy as pie. ;)

mvdl2013
    Original poster

Thank you! I finally got it right! – I think the fact that I did not share it as Official buttons was the problem. Thank you again

The topic ‘Pinterest icon when hovering over images in post’ is closed to new replies.