Picture width on Android devices

• Hi,

On mobile phones (only Android it seems like) my pictures don’t “fill” the full width of the page – which I would like them to do. It works on iPhones and on all tablets (and on desktop). But on Android mobile phones the pictures are only about 60% of the width of the window, and I have no idea why and it’s driving me crazy. I would like the pictures to fill 100% of the width.

Does anyone know what to do about it? I have the Twenty Eleven theme through WordPress.com and I can’t access my CSS. What to do?

P.S. While I’m already asking: Is there any way to make the pictures clickable so that they open in fullscreen in a pop-up or a new tab? Right now nothing happens when i click the picture.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Howdy :)

Can you tell me which Android device you are using and the type and version number of the browser where you’re seeing the display issues? A screen shot would be great! You can add that to the media library of the site and I’ll be able to see it.

The instructions to have an image open up in to a new tab are found towards the bottom of these instructions: https://en.support.wordpress.com/images/image-settings/#advanced-options

• Hi!

The same seems to happen on all Android devices (phones). Mine for instance is a Samsung galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) with Android 7.0. I use chrome as a browser and version 61.0.3163.98.

I’ve added a screen shot.

Regarding opening an image in a new tab it doesn’t want to work. And can I change it for all images in a bulk or do I have to do it one at a time?

Thanks for your help so far!

• Hi!

The same seems to happen on all Android devices (phones). Mine for instance is a Samsung galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) with Android 7.0. I use chrome as a browser and version 61.0.3163.98.

I’ve added a screen shot.

Regarding opening an image in a new tab it doesn’t want to work. And can I change it for all images in a bulk or do I have to do it one at a time?

Thanks for your help so far!

• Hi Peter –

Thanks for sharing those additional details. I am going to have a closer look at this.

To have the images open in a new tab, that would be done individually. There’s not a bulk setting to make that happen.

• Thanks!

Oh shit, that sucks. There’s no way for you to do it for me in a bulk either?

• No, there is not a bulk way to do this unfortunately.

• I have no idea what you are talking about now csgoexpertt?

• pborge –

Good morning. I’ve had a look comparing what you are seeing on your Android device to what I see on my iPhone and there is a difference in how the images display for your posts. I’ve had a co worker who uses Android also confirm that they see the same configuration of the image when they view that post.

My next step here is to talk with our mobile team and I will report back.

• I can see under media settings that all of the image sizes are set to the same size: https://30arskrisenblog.wordpress.com/wp-admin/options-media.php

Is it alright with you if I adjust those to see if that fixes the image display on Android?

• I’ve adjusted the media settings to be

thumbnail: 424×424
    medium: 724×724
    large: 1024×1024

Can you try publishing a new post and then let me know how the image looks on the Android?

• Before, they were all listed at 1024×1024, which is odd. Fingers crossed!

• I changed them all to 1024×1024 to fix the problem, and it didn’t help. Your fix is the settings I had before and it won’t fix the problem unfortunately…

• Ok, no worries. I am going to keep working on this. I was hoping that the simple change to the image sizes would do the trick. Hang tight.

• The topic ‘Picture width on Android devices’ is closed to new replies.