Photo editor not working

• I just started this blog a few days ago, using AltoFocus. I want to be able to crop my images within each post to make sure they all appear evenly. The photo editor worked in the beginning, but then stopped altogether.

I now get a red bar that reads, “Sorry, there was a problem loading the image. Please close this editor and try selecting the image again.”

When this first started, I actually shut down my blog and started a new fresh one, hoping to avoid the problem. (I’m a newbie). That worked for about 24 hours, but then the problem emerged again.

In general, the site is acting kind of wonky. For example, I’ll go to edit a post and it randomly loads a totally different post in the editor.

Ideas?

If I switch to another theme, will these issues follow me?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Which browser are your using? Have you tried with a different different one?

• Hi there,

I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Same issue with all of them….

• I think I’ve found the source of the issue:

Note: While these image editing tools are free, the site must be set to public for the tools to work. Advanced image editing does not work with a site set to private.

I can see that your site is set to private, so that’s why you’re having issues with the photo editor.

See this page for more details:
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/images/editing-an-image/

Let me know if you need more assistance on this.

• You are the most wonderful person, @taniametalli! Thank you so much for your help!!

• You’re most welcome! Glad I could help :)

• The topic ‘Photo editor not working’ is closed to new replies.