Payment

• Author

lovhim

Please excuse. The question was, does WordPress keep credit card information?

The blog I need help with is truthinwords.home.blog.

Hello @lovhim,

Quoting a staff member’s (@fstat) say on this,

Your credit card information is securely stored in our system and it is not accessible to anyone but you and our payment provider. Not even staff can access that information.

If you don’t want your card to be automatically billed each year, you can request the staff to turn the auto-renewal off and you can renew your plan yourself manually.

Alternatively, you can also considering using payment gateway options like PayPal to avoid sharing your credit card information with WordPress.com. You can also read about other Payment Methods available at WordPress.com.

I hope this answers your question.

kokkieh
    Staff

@mywritingmuscle, when quoting a staff reply, please also include a link to the thread where that reply was originally provided.

justjennifer

User reply copied from https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/subscription-payment-5/

Hello Mymusicmuscle,

Please excuse the late response. I would have replied to the email sent, but in the email, a donotreply was visable.

Thank you for the reply to the payment inquiry.

To MyMusicMuscle, the staff of WordPress, and the rest of the Forum Community, can a prepaid credit card be used to make the WordPress subscription payment?

Thank you for taking the time to read this question/post.

Positively motivated for change,
    David Shirley, Law Clerk

kokkieh
    Staff

Thanks for reposting the dupe, @justjennifer!

@lovhim,

We do accept prepaid credit cards, yes, though as with regular credit and debit cards, we can only accept those that are issued by the bigger credit card companies, so for the best result try to get a prepaid Visa or Mastercard. We do support some others as well, but as these are the two most common it’s the most reliable option :)

justjennifer

Copied from https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/subscription-payment-6

Hello kokkieh,

Thank you for the quick response, and thank you for the answer regarding using a prepaid credit card. In the response, I understand that you are answering on behalf of WordPress Staff, is that correct?

David Shirley, Law Clerk

Thanks for helping us sort out the multiple threads @justjennifer.

—————————————

@lovhim – Please try using a major company like Via or Mastercard as suggested and if you experience any issues come back to us here, in this thread, and post again.

lovhim

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Hello JustJennifer,

Thank you for the quick response, and for the information regarding using a major name prepaid credit card.

Regarding using threads, please let me know if the thread was used properly to reply.

David Shirley, Law Clerk

lovhim – Yes, you replied correctly in to this forum thread.

lovhim

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Hello Lizkarkosk,

Thank you.

@kokkieh,

I will surely keep that in mind and going forward if I am quoting a staff member, I will also share the link to that respective thread.

Thank you for your support.

@justjennifer,

Thank you for the repost. It is certainly nice to know I was of help to someone with a query here on the forum.

The topic ‘Payment’ is closed to new replies.