Partial Image Missing on Home Page

• Author

nwolitzer

This has come up every few years and unfortunately I do not remember how this was resolved in the past. I was attempting to add a new post today (titled “In Times Like This”). When I opened my “home” page the partial image does not show as it does for all of my other posts. My text did show for this post. When I click on the post’s title it opens the post where the image does show and it is fine. I would like the partial image to show as it does for all of the others on my home page and I cannot figure out what I have done differently. I sized the photo to 590 width as that is the max width for this theme (Autofocus). I have also done that for my other posts.

The blog I need help with is nancywolitzer.com.

timethief

What is the name of that retired theme on your site please?

I will type modlook into the sidebar tags on this thread for a Staff follow-up. How do I get a Moderator/Staff reply for my question? https://en.support.wordpress.com/getting-help-in-the-forums/#how-do-i-get-a-moderatorstaff-reply-for-my-question Also subscribe to this thread so you are notified when they respond and be patient while waiting. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.

nwolitzer

The theme is AutoFocus. If you look at my April 27 post you can see what I am referring to. I believe I already subscribed to this topic when I first wrote and now only see “unsubscribe from topic.”

Thanks so much for your help!

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

I would like the partial image to show as it does for all of the others on my home page and I cannot figure out what I have done differently.

The image was attached to another post with the same name in your Trash. I’ve reattached the image back to the published version of ‘In Times Like This’ and it now displays as it should on your home page.

AutoFocus is now a retired theme so I thought I’d let you know there is a newer version called AltoFocus:

https://en.blog.wordpress.com/2017/06/01/altofocus/

The name is slightly different but it’s design and functionality is based on AutoFocus.

nwolitzer

Thank you very much.

How did you reattach it so it displayed properly on the home page? (When it wasn’t posting properly I did trash it a few times and try again.) Can you tell me what I did wrong or what is the correct way to add a new image to a new post the proper way? I have usually sized the image to 590 picas and uploaded it. Or should I upload a larger version of the image and select the 590 size where you can select the size?

If I move my blog to the newer theme altofocus do I start from square one? In other words do I set up a new blog and add all new images and texts, etc.? Or is there a way to transfer my current blog with all images, text, and even comments to the new theme?

Thank you very much for your help.

Nancy

nwolitzer

FYI–I just added another post/image and it worked fine. I did nothing differently than I did yesterday. Could there just have been some glitch yesterday?

Thanks again

Hi Nancy,

How did you reattach it so it displayed properly on the home page?

The image was re-uploaded directly into the post — rather than into the Media Library. Doing so ‘attached’ the image to that particular post.

Could there just have been some glitch yesterday?

That’s possible. If you uploaded the image in the same way as all others then it may have just been a glitch.

https://en.support.wordpress.com/images/image-settings/#attachment-details

If I move my blog to the newer theme altofocus do I start from square one?

Switching theme won’t change or remove any content or comments. Widgets may need to be added to other areas as each theme supports different widget locations. You may also need to assign your menu to the correct location in the Customizer. If you decide to switch theme and things aren’t work as expected, I can take a look :)

nwolitzer

Hi,
    When I add an image to my post I have always selected Insert Media > Upload Files. I then drag the image file from my desktop to upload. It always then automatically opens my Media Library where the image is being uploaded. I then insert it into my post from the Media Library. That is how I have always done it. But how would I upload it directly into the post and bypass the Media Library? I read the link you sent to me but still do not understand how to attach it to the post and avoid going through the Media Library.
    Thanks so much.
    Nancy

Hi Nancy,

But how would I upload it directly into the post and bypass the Media Library?

The method you described in your last reply is correct — going into the post and adding an image using the ‘Insert Media’ button. This should attach the image to the post correctly.

I read the link you sent to me but still do not understand how to attach it to the post and avoid going through the Media Library.

I sent that link in error, sorry if I caused any confusion :)

nwolitzer

I’ll continue as usual. I don’t know what happened the other day.

Thanks very much for your help.
    Nancy

You’re very welcome Nancy!

The topic ‘Partial Image Missing on Home Page’ is closed to new replies.