Paragraph Formatting

• I’ve noticed the spacing and paragraph breaks I set up while editing my posts don’t match up when I view the published pages. Is there a way to see the true spacing between paragraphs in edit mode?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

If I understand correctly, you’re looking for a way to match some of your themes page formatting (particularly spacing / paragraph breaks) to the page editor?

The formatting in the Visual Editor is specific to the editor, which will be different to the formatting on published pages. There isn’t a way to match the editor’s styling with the theme’s styling without modifying theme template files as well as adding custom CSS, however it isn’t possible to edit theme files on WordPress.com. You can get around this by adding a plugin that will make it easy to change the custom styles of the editor, but you need to be on a Business plan in order to install custom plugins.

The best option is to use the Preview button next to the Update/Publish button when editing your posts or pages from within the Visual Editor. You should then be able to check the formatting before publishing any changes.

I hope this helps.

• The topic ‘Paragraph Formatting’ is closed to new replies.