Pages shown as Previous and Next Sections on Posts?

• I have a few posts and then a few sub posts. If I look at the bottom of one of the sub-posts WordPress has automatically added a previous and next section. Why would separate pages also be listed?

For instance, one of my posts is Munich – the city. In the Previous Section it shows Australia. This is an actual page. The initial post called Australia has been deleted.

How do I update it so that only posts are shown in these areas?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

For instance, one of my posts is Munich – the city. In the Previous Section it shows Australia.

The post I find at the previous link on “Munich — The City” is “Germany 2011.” Are you still seeing “Australia” there, or other similar errors? I suspect this is a caching issue. The posts shown at the Previous and Next links might take a while to update after a deletion that affects them.

Can you provide a different example where a page rather than a post is displayed at either the Previous or Next links?

• It looks like Australia is gone now. When I go to the Germany 2011 post it shows Albuquerque as being next and when I click on it, it says “Oops. That page cannot be found.” Perhaps I need to wait a little longer for it to update?

• The Next link I find at the bottom of the “Germany 2011” post is “Munich — The City.” When was the Albuquerque post deleted? I’m going to call for staff attention to the topic.

• Hi there,

Those links are cached on our end, so it can take some time after deleting a post before the Next/Previous links will update to show the correct post.

I forced an update of the cache for your site, and it now shows https://womanwithasuitcase.wordpress.com/2017/09/05/glockenspiel-and-residenz/ as the next post on the Munich post.

• The topic ‘Pages shown as Previous and Next Sections on Posts?’ is closed to new replies.