OpenID failure.

• I’m trying to use my OpenID to log into jyte.com. I enter printeronfire.org into the OpenID bar, and then it tries to log into my blog’s OpenID, which doesn’t work. It says I’m looking for something that isn’t there. How do I fix this?

• Oh, you are having trouble with OpenID too? I haven’t been able to use it to comment on LiveJournal blogs for the past few days. When it tries to check my identity here at WordPress, I also get an error message about something not being found. I think we should send bug reports to the WP folks.

• I just heard back from WP support. They’re working on it.

• I have told staff this before as well. Anyone using an OpenID plugin out there for comments has me in an infinite loop redirecting from trentadams.com back and forth to trent.wordpress.com and always fails. Hope they get this fixed. Seems to have a problem with anyone with domain masking.

Trent

• Hmm, I don’t have a special domain name; only kimik0.wordpress.com.

• Adam was talking about this not redirecting properly on normal domains as well. As long as staff are aware I guess ;)

Trent

• WP Support just emailed me that the OpenID problem has been fixed :)

• Hailan and Mike fixed this issue. The problem was on some themes that the openid URL and a CSS URL were on the same line. After figuring out this touthy beast, they made the openid code a little more robust.

Fixing mapped domains openid is still in the works.

• That is good to know foolswisdom as that has been an issue since I started with domain mapping. It would just be easiest if the OpenID came from your blog URL and not necessarily the username.wordpress.com address, but I am not telling you anything you don’t already know ;)

Trent

• Hi atomicthumbs and trent, it seems that unfortunately it isn’t something we can fix. On further investigation by Hailin it turns out that the problem is on these other sites end. The don’t implement deligation support. You will find that your your mapped domain does work on livejournal, which does.

• I appreciate the update foolswisdom! Wish it was a different outcome, but as you said it deals with the plugin they are using and not wordpress.com OpenID. That also suggests that expecting you to change for their plugin failures is not really something in the cards. I have to say that fellows like yourself just took the OpenID plugin off if it didn’t work and that was appreciated. All others will go without a URL or one of my other blogs.

No problems! Thanks again.

Trent

• Now I’m having a different problem. When I sign into Jyte (which already has my OpenID registered with my account, and supports delegation), it says that I need to login to wordpress.com.

I’m already logged in, though!

I know that Jyte supports delegation because I used a delegation plugin with my former, self-administered wordpress install.

• Never mind, it’s working now for some reason. :)

• I’ve been trying to sort out why I can’t post using OpenId from my WordPress to any Blogger accounts. Is there a simple answer to fix this?

• openid login goes for an indefinite loop for me too!

• I have succeeded in this in the past; the site I’m using the ID on accepts my URL as a token and a WordPress page comes up asking if I mind submitting my details to Blogger or wherever (made it work with Blogger and LJ so far). I say yes and it works. However, today it does not, going instead to a message saying that I need to sign in. As you can see, I very much am signed in, and the process clears the comment form so you can’t even go back and choose another option. Most annoying. I realise this isn’t the best problem report in the world (it happened at or just before 11:39 British time today while I was trying to comment on http://blogenspiel.blogspot.com if that helps) but I do hope someone can fix it or else give advice.

• Trying to leave a comment on a blogger blog using by wp.com blog url does not seem to work… get the following page:

You need to sign in

You need to sign in to wordpress.com to complete this process.

You should use a bookmark or type in the address to do this. This page does not contain any links, to protect you from phishing.

But even after I sign in, it still shows me the same page.

• I’m having the same problem at inklingmarkets.com and claimid.com. Anybody know what’s going on? (same problem = you need to sign in screen after you’ve signed in)

• http://www.propertymaps.com/register.openid

is giving me troubles today. Its giving me the error “Authentication failure. Not a valid OpenID URL!” for both my wordpress.com address and my mapped domain name.

• this is still unresolved – I am having the same problem today – about a month since the previous posts! help…

“you need to log-in to wordpress” error when i am already logged on…

• The topic ‘OpenID failure.’ is closed to new replies.