Not Sending pingbacks

• This is basic stuff. Why is it taking so long? Alternatively, why no clear timeframe??

• We also need to be sure that the trackbacks will happen by re-saving/refreshing the post. Will they?

• I’d like to see the pingbacks/trackbacks happen automatically so we don’t have to edit all our previously published blog posts since this began.

• It is now nearly 2 weeks since this was first reported. This is a basic function. Why no timeframe for a fix? And no explanation of why this happened?

• Our developers are still looking into this and there hasn’t been an update yet. Once I hear from them I will let you know as soon as possible.

• My sense is that this feature (if you can call something so basic a “feature”) may NOT be coming back. There is something very non-committal about the mood music here.

I know you discourage multiple threads, but there is another one on this that I started before I saw this one, where Rootjosh says:

Quote There is no more information to share.

At the moment, you should assume that this feature will be inoperative for the forseeable future. It is being worked on, I have not heard anyone say that it is something that is being abandoned. But it currently doesn’t work. Unquote

I read this as “don’t hold your breath”. Normally when something like this is down it is for a few hours.

• I can’t see my comment where I requested that you as staff actively ask the developers for an update. If you could do that, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

• And I MUST now add … Rootjosh says we shouldn’t have that feeling!

Quote You shouldn’t have a “don’t hold your breath” feeling. This isn’t that sort of situation.

It’s more of a “this appears to be a challenge and we need to work on it to make sure it is done correctly” situation. It is not low priority at all. Unquote

Not sure why this should be a major challenge. Presumably the feature is coming back in a different way … but then it would have been nice not to have a gap.

So on that note, we can let this rest for while, I guess.

• Hi there,

Please note that we have been actively asking the developers to fix this. We understand this is a big problem and the developers do as well. At a certain point, my continuous asking of updates will not speed things up as everyone is aware of the issue.

I ask that you please be patient. Once I hear back from them, I will give you and everyone in this thread an update. Please do not open more threads as we are aware of your thoughts on this issue.

Thank you.

• I did not open more threads! See above. Aware of that danger!

Thanks.

• Should be fixed now!

Let me know if you find otherwise.

• Thanks. ‘Fraid it doesn’t work with me … I re-saved one of my recent posts that should have triggered several pingbacks. Nothing happened. I was advised by staff that re-saving was the same as publishing. So I still have a lot of missing track/pingbacks.

• Can you try republishing and see if it works then?

• You mean delete the post and republish with the same old date? Why should I have to do this? This is even more WP mismanagement. Yes, I will try at some point. Thanks.

• Just a heads up to everyone in the thread, If you are using pingbacks to the Daily Post with links please use HTTPS only. We’ve verified that pingbacks to the Daily Post with links using HTTPS do work, but not HTTP.

• Thanks for the update, Grace.

Are you serious about the republishing of all of our previous blog posts since the https began so the pingbacks work?

I tried updating a couple recent posts but the pingbacks did not work.

I do not intend on republishing my posts; that would irritate my readers immensely.

• Are you serious about the republishing of all of our previous blog posts since the https began so the pingbacks work?

It’s working. I just updated an old post with a link to a post and the pingback worked. :)

If it’s not working for you try adding a couple random letters and erase them before updating.

• I tried that, too, before I made my comment in the Forum post.

I’m using the latest version of Firefox and Win 7.

• @dandelionsalad-

Can you tell me what post it is?

I’ll take a look.

• Sure, try any of the recent ones. Here’s one from several days ago:
    http://dandelionsalad.wordpress.com/2014/12/12/the-global-bankers-coup-by-ellen-brown/

Thanks for trying to help. This is an important function that needs to be fixed completely.

• The topic ‘Not Sending pingbacks’ is closed to new replies.