Not Sending pingbacks

• Author

blackbird33

My blog doesn’t seem to be sending pingbacks to any posts I’ve linked to recently; from other blogs or my own. I first noticed this a few days ago and the last time I successfully sent a pingback seems to have been on November 17th. I have checked and double checked that pingbacks are in fact enabled in my blog’s settings.

The blog I need help with is bbnest.wordpress.com.

bymarion

Hi!

I have the same problem. Both self-pings and pingbacks to other blogs seem to have stopped working on my blog around mid-november.

I have also checked that pingbacks are enabled in my settings.

The blog I need help with is bymarion.wordpress.com

timethief

Are you two bloggers referring to pingbacks not appearing on the Staff blog “The Daily Post”? If so this failure to display pingbacks issue on The Daily Post site is known to Staff. Read this https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/daily-post-pingbacks?replies=1 and watch for Staff updates there.

timethief

If you are not referring to that specific issue on that blog p[lease post again and type modlook into the sidebar tags on this thread for Staff attention.

gracejiyoung

Hi there,

If you are having issues with pingbacks, take a look at the link and if there is a ‘s’ following http, please remove that and try again.

Let me know if you have any questions with this!

bymarion

No, it seems to be on all blogs, including my own.

bymarion

@gracejiyoung
    I have tried both with and without “s”, and none of these seem to work.

gracejiyoung

Can you provide me the link?

bymarion

Sure, on this post for example, none of the pingbacks are working:
    http://bymarion.wordpress.com/2014/12/02/on-cooking-dried-beans-and-driving-to-work-everyday/

blackbird33

Ehem, hey.

a)It’s not the Daily Post issue. Pingbacks are not sending to any other blogs. Self-pings, as bymarion put it, are also not working.

b) none of my used links contained ‘https’. I’ve checked.

gracejiyoung

Ah yes. Sorry this has been noted and made aware to us. Our team is currently looking into this and I will let you know once there is an update.

Thank you!

bymarion

OK, hope to hear from you soon, then.
    Thank you!

amybesscohen

I am also having this problem and would like to know when there is an update. Thanks!

grieflessons

Me too, for two weeks. Frustrating. And the place timethief says to go for news is both closed for comments and has issued no further news since the first. It would be reassuring if you would post updates every once in a while and give us some idea that this might be solved eventually.

szaengle

I’m also having the problem with self-pings.

celiaknox

I’m having problems with ping backs not working, too.
    Has there been any solutions found yet??

anitaraou

Yes please, any update at all from the staff would be much appreciated. Not being able to pingback to any blog (self or others) is frustrating, and I’ve been refreshing that news post page a few times every day, but in vain. I’m sure we would all love to know how things are progressing.

Yes this is annoying me too now.

It’s been long enough. Surely a solution must be found for pingbacks and trackbacks.

gracejiyoung

They are still looking into this. I’ll let you know once there is an update.

Thanks!

Also having the same problem on my blog. Hope this gets fixed soon as the work-around is a lot of work (posting a comment with the link in it to the new post).

The topic ‘Not Sending pingbacks’ is closed to new replies.