No Way to Log Out directly from the Reader

• There is no way to log out directly from the Reader, that I can find, there is no longer anything linked to my own avatar beyond being forced to wait for a settings page to open where I had to search teeny tiny print to attempt to locate a way to get out of WP. I hope this is a temporary glitch, as when I need to log out normally it’s because I am in a hurry and why do I want to take extra steps to leave?

I appreciate the poll thing on the new stats page.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Unfortunately this remains unresolved. The quickest sign-out seems to be click on one’s gravatar and a sign-out is available on the left just beneath the image. yeuch

The main debate is here

https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/massive-changes-to-the-wp-interface/page/4?replies=4

You might wish to add your concern(s) there.

Best of Luck, G :-)

• Yes, however that doesn’t work when I am taken to the Reader directly upon login and then I want to leave as nothing new is up. I do not want to wait for slow loading and then have to read font that is about a 4 and is blurry to me due to vision issues and scroll down thru a bunch of crap I don’t want or need to see just to come and go. Normally I am not angry about coding and change itself, even just because why pay a bunch of developers if nothing is developing. Keep the entire old way up and develop and test on a second platform until all of the bugs and kinks are fixed. It is like a little kid being excited about Christmas so they put together their toy with half of the parts missing and run around showing it to everyone in the new society of praise everything the child does, when it doesn’t work and they lost half of the parts that I paid a LOT of money to purchase. I mean, would any of the helpers or developers want to buy a car and then hear that only constructive help was wanted while developers played with the computer systems in the car so that oh well one day the push start doesn’t work, or you can’t turn off the car or you have to figure out someone stopped working for the day and you must find the filler cap button in the hatch to turn off the car, cause someone wanted to go home for the day before they figured out how to move everything?
    Anyway, I have no idea if my specific issue is due to such shiftings, I think it was a direct error, so I wait patiently for a staff person to let me know—or to take the time to notice it.

Now, I DO notice that in the forum we have both the awesome black toolbar and the <del>shitty</del> less desireable blue one that looks like Howard Johnson’s and doesn’t function–Meaning Does not contain all navigation functions in ONE place with a right or a left click instead of having to play Where’s Waldo. By the way, the original platforms weren’t broken. They functioned well. (well, everything has a glitch or so that is how life is). Now, they do not. I do not thing anyone understands branding. Or customer loyalty. A competent designer or programmer knows not to release unless it’s a dual platform marked as Beta so that the end consumer can choose to retain all functions NOT messed up by bad code or lost items, until the beta is functioning holding ALL original function with the same efficiency and efficacy for the END USER.

Anyway “Unfortunately this remains unresolved. The quickest sign-out seems to be click on one’s gravatar and a sign-out is available on the left just beneath the image” I do not have this ability on the gravatar image, nothing happens at all with the hover so I think it’s not a design thing but one that needs a repair ticket.

• yes, that is not helpful it isn’t a fix I do not want ranting complaining, i am just wanting a staff person to do a ticket as soon as is possible in the scheme of things and to fix the logout issue. It functions from most of the other places and pages, I think–there are A LOT of them for one person to sift thru. Just not the reader, which is odd since we are routed directly there on sign in.

I should not have gone on to share my own thoughts and feelings on branding and work ethic and what not, none of that is really my business. I will now wait to be addressed by staff or to have the issue ‘magically’ become fixed as they work through the massive glitch list.

• i am just wanting a staff person to do a ticket as soon as is possible in the scheme of things and to fix the logout issue.

Use the modlook tag: set it on the right sidebar.

• Sadly one of the really bad things about WP is that they do not thoroughly test upgrades and changes before implementing them!

• On your New Dash profile page, https://wordpress.com/me/public-profile/ below your Gravatar, the words “sign out” appear.

There are multiple threads on this and you may want to read https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/new-dashboard-sign-out-where-are-you-hiding?replies=7#post-2167540

• @timethief

Thanks for the response!

Ok so it’s not an oopsie that makes me not be able to log out of any page I am on? It works from the little gravatar icon at the top right black bar on all of the other pages including this one?

I have been using the work around, however I believe this to be a programming mistake and since it’s a pain I wanted to be sure that “they” noted it on the bug list if possible. Thanks for responding. Updates or changes have also affected what the reader is allowing to be shown, at least on mine. It’s only letting five posts show and telling me that’s all. I made a separate thread for that issue.

• @ timethief
    I just noted that the reader five posts thing was corrected, I grumbled to myself about the route to log out and NOW the annoying one is missing too, the one on the new dashboard under my gravatar image. I had to navigate to the classic dashboard to see it. I am thinking someone is making changes so I will just grumble and giggle and wait. Just thought I’d let you know that it is now entirely missing, even the ‘new’ way.

• Hi Elisa,

The only way we currently have to log out from the Reader is for you to click on your Gravatar in the upper right hand corner. This will take you to your settings page and on the left hand side of your page, again, directly under your gravatar image will be a link to sign out. As you mentioned, we’re still moving things around so that may change; but as of now that’s the way!

• @amightywp

Rather than live experimentation I suggest that it would be a whole lot better ‘to get it right first time’!

• Thanks for your feedback! I’ll be sure to pass it along.

• No, clicking on the gravatar there does nothing. but when i manage to get from the new settings page to the classic one i then can use the upper right gravatar drop down menu to log out, the option to logout under my name in either classic or new settings is missing. i am sorry my writing is so choppy right now, i am stressed about other things and migrinea makes me type funny.

• OH wait!!! I CAN click on my gravatar image now from the reader, it is still a pain but at least for now I can get to a log off page. It wasn’t working at all before!

• Just make the gravatar icon on the right hand side a drop-down menu with one of the items being “Sign Out”.

• @iammjae

That is a far too sensible suggestion and will be ignored because it won’t suit the tablet bloggers!

• I’m glad I’m not the only one having these problems. I will wait (patiently?) to hope they have these problems resolved. I have a part-time social media job where I maintain and update several separate WP sites, and it has lot let me log out of the main one I manage. I had to go in and delete cookies in order to get to the login page! Craziness! I hope they will get this resolved soon.

• The topic ‘No Way to Log Out directly from the Reader’ is closed to new replies.