No Full Width Template on Lodestar by Automattic?

• Author

denycenikole

I thought I was in love with this theme until I discovered there’s no option to select a full width template on pages that I do not want a sidebar to display (on the theme downloaded for self-hosted sites too)… this has to be an oversight on my end, right? Or does this page template really not exist? If so, how sway? And are there any plans on updating the theme to have it included soon (like tomorrow)?

The blog I need help with is denycenikole.wordpress.com.

musicdoc1

Hi,

The optional Portfolio Template on the Lodestar theme is full-width. The sidebar widget area is hidden on pages with this template assigned.

denycenikole

Thanks. I try this tomorrow. I hope it presents like a regular page and doesnt format the content into testimonials…

musicdoc1

You’re welcome. It presents like a regular page. It doesn’t display testimonials. However, if portfolio projects are enabled and there are projects published, then it will display them below the page content.

kathrynwp
    Staff

There’s no full-width page template in Lodestar to keep the theme simple. You can use widget visibility conditions to display or hide widgets only on specific pages.

Let me know how it goes.

denycenikole

@musicdoc1 was correct, I was able to accomplish a full width (no sidebar) page using the portfolio template. IDK why I was talking about testimonials LOL (when he clearly said PORTFOLIO). Thanks again for your help!

denycenikole

@musicdoc1 was correct, I was able to accomplish a full width (no sidebar) page using the portfolio template. IDK why I was talking about testimonials LOL (when he clearly said PORTFOLIO). Thanks again for your help!

kathrynwp
    Staff

Glad the portfolio template did the trick!

The topic ‘No Full Width Template on Lodestar by Automattic?’ is closed to new replies.