New theme will not activate

• Author

I have just joined wordpress and was forced to choose one of the themes I didn’t want to choose when going through the setup procedures; calm, professional, smooth etc. When I gained access to the dashboard, I then chose a theme that was best suited to what I wanted; ‘Gateway’ theme. I activated the theme and clicked on customize, but all its doing is changing some of the pictures on the original template to some of the pictures that were are in the gateway template. They are all the wrong sizes and the ones that do show aren’t displayed correctly – its seems the template is only changing some of the content but not the actual template. I dont even need the pictures because i’ll be adding my own. Any help greatly appreciated.

The blog I need help with is absolootqt153481206.wordpress.com.

kokkieh
    Staff

Hi there,

Gateway is correctly activated on your site.

What you see on the front page has nothing to do with the theme. That’s the content of the page currently set as the front page of the site – changing themes does not change the content or layout of individual pages, only the layout and styling of the site itself.

Go to My Site ->Site ->Pages, and you’ll be able to edit that page and change its content.

To set up your site like the Gateway demo page, please follow the steps on the support page for that theme, here:

https://wordpress.com/theme/gateway

The topic ‘New theme will not activate’ is closed to new replies.