New name server : Error again ! Uknown REST API HTTP code

• Hello there,

I hope some admin can see this message and help me out..

I am transferring my domain name from wordpress.com to a new registrar (OVH).
    Having done everything right ( new registrar accepted migration code from wordpress.com ), i’m now waiting for something to happen on the side of wordpress.com admin panel. The latter states : “aurorecarolinemarty.com en attente de transfert. Veuillez attendre la fin du transfert avant de mettre à jour les paramètres auprès du nouveau registraire.”
    Translation : domainname.com is waiting for transfer. Please wait the end of transfer before update parameters at your new registrar.

Now it’s been almost 5 days nothing happens, despite my questions on wordpress.com help chat, and the fact that the name is to expire in 2 days (!!), it looks like wordpress.com doesn’t want to let me use my domain name somewhere else..

So in order to accelerate process, i understood i might change dns records from wordpress.com admin panel, which I tried to do.
    Yet when I enter my 2 new NS records (new registrar dns) at wordpress.com, it just says :

Uknown REST API HTTP code

What does this mean and how to solve this before time’s up ?! Or would I have to pay again my subscription at wordpress.com in order for the domain to not fall out of my hands ???
    Again, I find it really unfair that the domain name migration process out of wordpress.com to a new registrar isn’t better documented somewhere at wordpress.com.. it’s a true disappointment for me.

Any piece of advice would be greatly welcome..

Thank you in advance

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

You’re getting this error because your domain is still being transferred out. This process is taking 5-7 days and you’ll be able to renew (if not automatically) the domain at your new registrar.

• The topic ‘New name server : Error again ! Uknown REST API HTTP code’ is closed to new replies.