New "improved" edit interface is still deleting numeric tags.

• kauilapele, I agree with you about using bookmarks for our frequently used pages, however, the cookie thing has been eliminated.

In order to use the classic editor for editing older posts we must use the user script, or go to Published posts, and search for the blog title of the blog post we’d like to edit. Fine if it’s a recently published post, but if it’s one from years ago, it just takes longer to find it to then do the editing. Not a solution that I’m willing to do.

Have you added your opinion on the main thread? https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/please-reinstate-the-option-of-choice-to-use-the-old-publishing-format?replies=326

• kauilapele These aren’t the links I need, as I have a blog that also features free kindle books and need to delete those that have increased in price every day. Although now it’s too difficult to do so and do if and when.

dandelion no i cannot choose. I have safari. I’m running on the new OS Yosemite and when i want to delete history i have a choice of “do no delete history” or “delete history and cookies” and everything goes. I do not know how to use greasemonkey.

• Jazzlemon, WP eliminated the cookie thing a week ago, so it doesn’t matter now. That is why we are complaining.

Greasemonkey is for user scripts on the Firefox browser. There are others similar to it for other browsers. Do a search for “Greasemonkey on Safari” and see what comes up.

The links kauilapele showed you need to be replaced with your blog’s name so they will work. I also highly suggest to bookmark these.

To avoid using the “new, BBB, too-blue-to-use” editor, you need to use links from your WP-admin pages, Add a New Post, All Posts, etc.

Do you know how to get to the classic WP-admin pages? It’s not easy to navigate now, but click on “My Sites”, choose which blog you are wanting to use, then click “WP-Admin”. From there you can choose to Add a New Post or edit older ones.

These classic administrative pages will remain. Again I suggest bookmarking the most frequently used ones.

• Hi Sean (seanmunger) — I have good news about numeric tags! Our team launched a fix for those numeric tags, so now they will work in the new editor. (The only exception at this stage is the tag “0” which doesn’t work; that’s a much trickier case and is actually an issue in both editors.) If you have any further trouble with numeric tags in the new editor, please let me know.

For those of you who have concerns about issues other than numeric tags, please start a new forum thread (for a specific bug or issue you’re having with the new editor) or provide your feedback in this main thread:

https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/please-reinstate-the-option-of-choice-to-use-the-old-publishing-format?replies=326

• @Dandelion i know those things i don’t know how to use greasemonkey.

@rachelmcr. The problems are many and varied. The viewing being a huge one. The colours and set up are not designed with anyone who’s eyes are not young and perfect in mind. Same with the stats page. We need them viewable the way they were not the way they were ‘improved’.

• for instance, how in any sense of the word can cramming visual stats together in a much smaller space so as to give headaches and physical nausea be an improvement over a line of large visual stats that take up the top of the page? How many people with visual problems did you ask before implementing these changes? I asked quite a few to report to me how the set up of my blog looks and if they can’t see it easily i change it right away.

• Thank you, Rachel, and thanks to the development team for fixing the numeric tags issue. I appreciate it!

• I hate the “new and improved” version. The colours are crass and feel cheap and nasty. The classic one is much easier on the eye and is much more intuitive too.

Why do developers insist on overhauling things all the time? Why can’t they leave well alone?!!!

• The topic ‘New "improved" edit interface is still deleting numeric tags.’ is closed to new replies.