New editor, new interface

• Author

Is there a way to get the old interface back? The invisible blocks, the menus popping up left and right every time I click on something, and the cumbersome way the whole thing works is just infuriating. It looks flashier but it is not as functional as the old one was. Not to mention when I schedule posts, I used to be able to see in the calendar when other posts were scheduled. Now it is gone. Any ideas how to get it back?

supernovia
    Staff

Hi, here’s how you can use the classic editor:
    https://wordpress.com/support/editors/#classic-editor

Also, for what it’s worth, you can make the menu bar stick at the top. That’s how I prefer it too. Use the three dots in the upper right to find that option under Top Toolbar.

The existing posts in the calendar isn’t implemented yet, but I’ll pass along a request.

Thank you very much for the response! I do appreciate your assistance; and I do hope the calendar will be restored with the scheduled posts -that feature was really useful.
    Best,

Andras

I would like to strongly second the need for a return of the calendar/scheduled posts feature. As a blogger who schedules a month out at times, it’s almost imperative that I can see which dates have already been covered. The way it works now makes it virtually impossible to keep track without having to use some type of outside source (Google calendar, for example) to keep track of this sort of scheduling. I have strongly relied on this feature for several years and was very dismayed to see it missing. I see forums going back at least a year with requests for this feature, so I really do hope that it’s made a priority soon after all of this time.

The invisible blocks, the menus popping up left and right every time I click on something, and the cumbersome way the whole thing works is just infuriating.

That’s the best description I have seen so far. This nails it perfectly. That’s exactly how it feels like to use the new editor.

justjennifer

@thelibraryladiesmn thanks for adding your vote for that feature.

@diaryofdennis – Did you see @supernovia‘s reply about pinning the toolbar in the Block Editor interface?

Also, for what it’s worth, you can make the menu bar stick at the top. That’s how I prefer it too. Use the three dots in the upper right to find that option under Top Toolbar.

Give that a try. Otherwise, if you are encountering an issue with that feature, please open your own forum thread at https://wordpress.com/help/contact so we can assist you.

The topic ‘New editor, new interface’ is closed to new replies.