Need Help with Back to Top button

• I’m using the Lodestar theme.

When I scroll down, I see the Back to Top button at the top of my webpage. But if you don’t have an account/aren’t logged in, you can’t see it because the wordpress header blocks it.

Is there a way to fix this without upgrading? I’m still messing around with getting an e-portfolio started for myself, so I’m not looking to upgrade just yet.

Thank you!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hello iakuoregon,

You are right about how a WordPress.com promotional banner blocks the back-to-top button in Lodestar without a login. I am speculating, but that might be accidental.

If it is a mistake, maybe someone will fix it if you/we ask nicely.

I will tag your post to flag it for staff attention, and we will all find out what is possible.

• Hi there,

That button is not part of your theme.

That button is part of the WordPress.com admin bar itself, and as the admin bar is only visible to logged-in visitors, the button will also only be there for logged-in visitors.

If you want to add a Back to Top button to your site, you can do so with a bit of HTML.

Anywhere on your site you want a link like that to appear, add paragraph block with the text “Back to top”. Highlight that text and click the link icon. Then add #masthead as the URL. Use the alignment and other formatting options in the paragraph block to control exactly where and how the link will appear.

Anyone who clicks that link will then be taken to the top of your site.

You can get an idea of how it would work on my blog, here: https://kokkieh.blog/about-blog/privacy-policy/

I made that page before the block editor existed, so it’s just using regular HTML, and I have some custom CSS on that site to have the links styled the way I want them (you can use custom CSS on our Premium Plan), but the general principle is the same.

• The topic ‘Need Help with Back to Top button’ is closed to new replies.