My patience is out!

• Dear WordPress.com team,
    My patience is finally out!
    You have just made big stupid things and also, unaccessible. You just removed classic editor from your sites and switch to gutenberg editor. There isn’t any option to switch back to classic editor. This editor is accessible for most of blind people. Gutenberg editor is not very accessible.
    My patience is finally out and I have just finished with blogging on WordPress.com.
    So please, remove My blog from account named Nemaavla, every blog. I will find another provider. Maybe It’ll be expensive, but I’ll be shure to get My WordPress accessible again. I have tried to contact You with various things about those problems, but You are so arrogant to not solve things of users maybe.
    Please, remove My blogs, I am finishing work and blog in Your site.
    Thank You.
    Marco Oros

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I guess that the new block editor doesn’t work well with a screen reader because so much is hidden and only becomes visible as you move a mouse around the screen. I’ve tagged this thread for staff with the hopes that your feedback can be passed on. I thought that you had found the option to return to the classic editor in one of your previous threads though.

• Yes, but there isn’t this option, maybe because of moving mouse. But people using screen reader doesn’t use mouse.

• @nemaavla I’m sorry to hear that. You actually do still have access to the classic editor, and can set it as a preference. Are you having trouble setting that on your end? I can see several of the sites you use are set to classic currently but some are not.

If you prefer to remove your account instead, you may do that on your own, however you’ll want to export your content and what not as well so you won’t lose that.

• Yes, some sites have, but on new created sites I couldn’t switch back to classic editor.

• Currently, I have new site just created, but there isn’t any option to switch back to classic editor. Please, can You made It accessible for the blind?

• OK.
    I was a while ago with my sighted friend. My friend didn’t find option to switch to classic editor. So, could You explain to me, if option on newly created blog in WordPress.com was removed and if yes, why?

• I’ve just created a new site and I must agree that I can’t find the option to return to the classic editor via the three dots top right when using the default block editor. That option is there when I visit my old site though. Have WordPress.com changed things for newly created sites?
    On the new site I can of course click on the plus symbol in a circle top left which says “Add block”. Then clicking on the upwards arrow “Most used” and scrolling down to “Formatting” I reach “classic” which gives me the good old toolbar that I’d really like to always be visible (as would you). Perhaps that “classic” will now move to “most used”? I don’t know how easy all that would be for you with your screen reader but you could give it a try!!

• You are correct, only sites created before December 2018 have the user-facing option, but we can still change that for you on our end.

I have done that now for your latest site.

• @macmanx. Well that’s been kept rather low profile and news to me with no mention in the Forums Help P2 that I’m aware of. It’s @nemaavla who needs his sites returning to classic, not my test site which I only created to try and assist him!!!

• Yep, I should have been clear, I set nemaavla’s latest site to Classic.

I’m working on gathering up all of the details, the December 2018 detail was also new to me.

So, I’ll get everything tracked down, and I also want to see if we can get the toggle to work on Screen Readers. Once I have some details I’m happy with, I’ll send a report over to our Accessibility developers and post to the Forums Help P2.

• Thanks for the update. Let’s hope @nemaavla will give WordPress.com another chance.

• Thank You most for Your help.
    Also, because It is also about new changes, I have another question to this topic. If I’ll create a free site without plan, Will I haveto buy some plan to keep site alive, or not?

• Hi nemaavla –

Free sites are free :) They do not expire and are not on a trial basis or anything like that. The site will remain online and active as long as you wish.

• Hi!
    I have tried this classic, but It is just classic blog. Interface of this site is same, as gutenberg editor, not classic editor, which is ofcourse, most suitable for people, like me.

• Lastly, sorry for those many posts by me, there was option to switch to classic editor also in some sites, at the begining of this month. Try ask to developers, where this option lost, because not blocks, but interface of this site is unaccessible for blind users.

• nemaavla –

I might have misunderstood your last post when I sent my reply. Let’s start back with that and then move forward.

If you create a new site at WordPress.com you can still use the classic editor. You just need the staff to switch the interface for you.

If you are working on a site that was created before December 2018 then you would be able to switch the interfaces on your own through the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the editing screen.

Have I answered that question?

Do you have another site that needs to be converted to the classic editor view? Please share that site URL with me here and I will do that from my side.

• OK, I can share It here, but by my opinion would to be good to autor switch this site, not staff member. I have read Your answer.

• And also, I have created some sites before december 2018, for example one on march, or april 2019 and I have switched those sites, not staff members. Do You understand this, what I want?
    Thank You.

• Hi there,

I suspect the Switch to Classic option being missing on newer sites might be a bug – I’ve been able to find at least one other report of this, and have followed up with our developers to check on that. I’ll let you know as soon as I have more information on this.

But for now, we’ll have to switch a new site to the classic editor for you if necessary.

• The topic ‘My patience is out!’ is closed to new replies.