My dashboards menu showing wrong domains

• I successfully created a second blog. In the process I tried several domains which were not available. Now I find that the domains that were not available are listed in several places, including the My Dashboards menu and under the “your blogs” list on the home page – along with the two blogs that are mine. Is it possible to remove the incorrect domains?

• Omg. Please don’t try to delete them until an admin checks on this. If those domains were indeed unavailable and somebody else owns them, this could turn out to be a very scary bug indeed. Please submit a Feedback from your dashboard.

• I won’t delete them – I can’t anyway. I’ll send the feedback as you suggested.

• Wait, do you mean to say the domains are listed but you don’t actually have dashboard access to these domains?

That’s a relief then. But still scary nonetheless.

• Yes that’s right. I don’t have admin access, they just appear in most (if not all) of the places where my two blogs are also listed.

• Please send in a feedback with details of this. (ie list the blogs that you see and note that which ones are yours and which ones are not yours.) This is a backend issue that can’t be dealt with here in the forums.

Someone mentioned a few weeks ago something simular where that had been added in as a Author on a blog that they have never heard of before. I wonder if this is the same thing here.

• I also had the same problem with trying to create a new blog only to find out it was taken. However, when I went to my dashboard all those names for a blog I thought were taken were attached to my dashboard. I finally figured out I did have admin access. Originally I couldn’t get to them, but then I typed the url in my browser instead of clicking on the name linked to my dashboard and it took me to the blog. From that point when I went to dashboard it was the dashboard of the new blog. Sounds confusing..it is! Considering I am new to word press this is difficult. Now my problem is when I want to leave a comment on a person’s site it only leaves my original blog’s name, not the secondary blog I actually am on. Does this make any sense???

• Feeback sent. I received the following reply:

Hi,
    Thanks for this – we’ll get that looked at and sorted out.
    Things should be back to normal soon.

Cheers,

Podz

• AParent, please follow the sugegstion made above and send in a feedback from your dashboard with a specific list of what’s correct and what’s not.

• The topic ‘My dashboards menu showing wrong domains’ is closed to new replies.