Moving blog posts and creating submenus

• Author

I am trying to do what I thought were two very simple things…

1: I want to move the blog posts I’ve created over the last few months onto their own dedicated page on my website – they are current all sitting on my home page. I cannot work out how to do this

2: I want to create sub-menus on one of my main menus so I can write about specific ‘catagories’ of things (no, I do not want to make catagories, I already tried that and it doesn’t do what I want it to do!). I cannot work out how to do this.

I have spent over hours trying to change all available settings, watching tutorials and reading other peoples forum messages.

Will someone please put me out my misery because I’m about to burst a blood vessel here! I even went on another web-building site, signed up and created exactly what I wanted in less than about five minutes…. this cannot be that hard?!?!

The blog I need help with is easywaystosavetheworld.wordpress.com.

musicdoc1

Hi,

1: I want to move the blog posts I’ve created over the last few months onto their own dedicated page on my website

There is only one blog page per WordPress.com site. You may use category pages to organize posts into separate groups by category. Every post, regardless of the category or categories assigned to it, will still appear in the blog page. However, you don’t necessarily have to display the blog on the front page, or even provide a link to it in a menu.

See the Category Pages & Menus section of the Categories support page. Creating the kind of dynamic category pages described there depends upon assigning categories (or tags) to posts. no, I do not want to make catagories If you don’t want to do that, there is another option, using display posts shortcode.

Posting directly to a static page isn’t possible, but you may create your own category pages in static pages by inserting Display Posts Shortcode into them, customizing the shortcode for each page so that it selects only certain posts to display. Customizing options may be found in the Display arguments section of the support page.

2: I want to create sub-menus on one of my main menus so I can write about specific ‘catagories’ of things (no, I do not want to make catagories, I already tried that and it doesn’t do what I want it to do!).

Menu items may be added to a custom menu as described in the Add Menu Items section of the Custom Menus support page. Some of your menu items may be arranged as sub-menu items as described and illustrated in the Reorder Menu Items & Add Drop-Down Menus section of the Custom Menus support page.

lagoondrina

I want to learn how to incorporate a blog into my website nunezbooks.com

musicdoc1

@lagoondrina,

Hi,

Your blog page appears to be here: https://nunezbooks.com/authors-blog/, and there’s a link to it in the header navigation menu. Your support request doesn’t appear to be related to the present topic, so please start a new topic, here: https://en.forums.wordpress.com/?new=1 if you’d like to pursue your support request.

The topic ‘Moving blog posts and creating submenus’ is closed to new replies.