Moving back from a static page to a blog page as the home page

• I want to display latest blog posts as the home page AND I want a special page, when clicked on, that also shows all my blogs… I have a page called “blog” but can’t see where to set it to show all the latest blog posts. it is currently blank. (I was using a static page to show blog posts and now I want to go back to having my main page the blog page)

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there!

It looks like you got the front page loading your recent posts again. It looks like you need to update your menu. You can do this through Appearance > Menus. Since your current menu was automatically generated, you’ll just need to create a new one.

Here’s a quick guide on setting up a custom menu:

Menus

Let me know if I can help further!

• thanks for your reply!
    so yes, the front page loads the recent posts, which is good. but how to I change the ‘blog’ page to also show current posts?
    I didn’t find the answer in the menu info…

• I see you’ve made a new menu! What you’ll want to do is set up links to all of the other pages you want in your menu (About Us, FAQs) from the Pages menu on the left.

To add a link to the recent posts page, select Links on the left and add a link to your website (http://clotheslinetinyhomes.com/). Make the text on the item say Home or Blog (whichever you’re going for) and hit Add to Menu.

You can reorganize them as you want on the right hand side by dragging them up and down.

Let me know if you have any questions about that! :)

• ok. I went to the ‘blog’ menu and added a link to my website, but that didn’t work… when I click on ‘blog’ at the top of the site, it is still a blank page…

• Sorry about that! I forgot to include the last step, which is to set your new menu as the Primary Menu. You can do this by going to Appearance > Menus and selecting Manage Locations at the top. Select your menu from the drop down and save your changes!

Sorry for the confusion!

• The topic ‘Moving back from a static page to a blog page as the home page’ is closed to new replies.