morden theme customize questions

• Author

roxanneadupe

Hi, I’m working with the morden theme right now. I’m trying to figure out how I want to layout my content and came across a few cosmetic peeves- I would say.

Is there a way to change the font color of the links and such from the muted red the theme came with? The identity of my site leans more towards blues and I just felt the red was a bit much for me.

And also is there a way around the set post width? I noticed that it doesn’t cover enough of the full width of the layout. It feels a little too empty for me.

Again, these are more on the cosmetic side and aren’t super important. I just thought if I could change it, the greater the impact my site would have.

Thank you.

The blog I need help with is roxanneadupe.com.

fstat
    Staff

Hi there,

Looks like you’re in the wrong forum. Your site is using the open-source WordPress.org software and you need to seek help at these forums:

https://wordpress.org/support/forums/

These forums are for WordPress.com hosted sites only. If you want to know more about the differences between WordPress.com and WordPress.org you can read this document:

https://en.support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/

justjennifer

Hi @fstat – All the new Varia child themes for the Block Editor are downloadable from WordPressdotcom for use on ORG sites, but is there a theme forum on ORG that we should direct them to if they have questions? Thanks.

Howdy –

I think we can do this with some CSS changes. You’ll add those through your dashboard. Do you know which color you want to use?

roxanneadupe

(going to assume there isn’t a link for the Varia child themes for now)

Hi @lizkarkoski

Thanks for getting back to me. Something like this blue: 365E7C would be really nice, thank you.

kokkieh
    Staff

Hi there,

Is there a way to change the font color of the links and such from the muted red the theme came with?

This should do the trick – I copied the selector directly from the theme’s CSS so it will also affect post and page titles, and other links besides just links inside posts and pages.

a, article .entry-header .entry-title a:active, article .entry-header .entry-title a:focus, article .entry-header .entry-title a:hover, .page-title a:active, .page-title a:focus, .page-title a:hover, .a8c-posts-list .a8c-posts-list-item__title a:active, .a8c-posts-list .a8c-posts-list-item__title a:focus, .a8c-posts-list .a8c-posts-list-item__title a:hover {
      color: #365E7C;
    }

And also is there a way around the set post width? I noticed that it doesn’t cover enough of the full width of the layout.

You can try something like this:

@media only screen and (min-width: 782px) {
      .responsive-max-width, .wp-block-pullquote.is-style-solid-color:not(.alignleft):not(.alignright) blockquote, .wp-block-pullquote.alignwide > p, .wp-block-pullquote.alignfull > p, .wp-block-pullquote.alignwide blockquote, .wp-block-pullquote.alignfull blockquote, hr.wp-block-separator.is-style-wide, .entry-content > :not(.alignwide):not(.alignfull):not(.alignleft):not(.alignright):not(.wp-block-separator), .entry-content [class*="inner-container"] > :not(.alignwide):not(.alignfull):not(.alignleft):not(.alignright):not(.wp-block-separator), .entry-content .wp-audio-shortcode, .post-navigation, .pagination {
        max-width: 90%;
    }
    }

Adjust the percentage value until it looks right to you.

kokkieh
    Staff

@justjennifer,

The new themes are not currently available on WordPress.org, and don’t have their own forums over there, so please tag for staff if someone posts here about one of them. We’ll post an update on the volunteer blog once we’ve finalised where support for these are going to live.

roxanneadupe

Thank you so much for the support. The codes work perfectly!

The topic ‘morden theme customize questions’ is closed to new replies.