Mobile header image too small

• Author

Hi,

I have placed a header image on my site but when I check it on mobile it shows really small, is there any css that I can use to change the image or make the current one look bigger? I used the dimensions suggested when creating the header image.

Thanks

The blog I need help with is petalcommunications.co.uk.

kokkieh
    Staff

Hi there,

How exactly do you want to change it? Do you want the logo-part of the image to take up more space of the screen, keeping in mind that headers on mobile versions of any theme are intentionally designed to take up less screen real-estate so as to minimize the amount of scrolling visitors need to do to get to your content?

Or do you just want to push the menu button down so it doesn’t overlap the logo-part of the header?

I see your header image is essentially your site logo. Have you considered just setting that as a logo instead under the Site Identity section of the Customizer? Then it should display properly in the mobile view as well, and not get hidden behind the menu button the way the custom header image is.

Then we can just use custom CSS to change the color of the top bar instead.

(Also note your premium plan gives you access to live chat support for help with questions like these. You can reach live chat by clicking the help icon bottom-right of the screen in the admin area, or at https://wordpress.com/help/contact)

Hi,

Ideally I would like to keep the banner image with the logo as the logo shrinks when I put it in the site identity section. Is there a way that the logo is made larger in site identity then? Also could I then change the background colour to what is currently there?

Thanks

Hi,

I have changed the logo now so that it is visible and also changed the background to match the colour and that looks good.

However the logo has now disappeared off the mobile site completely now. Do you know how I can make that visible again?

Thanks

However the logo has now disappeared off the mobile site completely now. Do you know how I can make that visible again?

I don’t see the logo set on your site, have you removed it already from Site Identity? When setting it up, be sure to Publish the changes.

Also, as @kokkieh mentioned earlier, you can reach us via live chat from https://wordpress.com/help/contact so that we can work with you in real-time :)

The topic ‘Mobile header image too small’ is closed to new replies.