MISSING WEBSITE

• Author

ariamora

Hi, it’s been months or a year since I was able to open my site and now it says the website doesnt exist.

How do I retrieve my old posts? Please help! I dont know what happened.

Thanks.

staartmees

What is the URL of your site?

ariamora

misschristinep.wordpress.com

I can see on my notifications that I’ve made 10 posts but when I click on the Posts tab, it redirects to a site where it says the link is not registered etc.

staartmees

misschristinep.wordpress.com doesn’t exist?!

ariamora

Yup. It says: misschristinep.wordpress.com doesn’t exist
    Do you want to register misschristinep.wordpress.com?

I don’t know how to recover my previous blog posts :(

staartmees

I would say the site you are looking for certainly has another URL.

I am unable to locate any site with in our system with the address of misschristinep.wordpress.com.

Search through your email history for any type of notification we would have sent your way with the site URL listed.

ariamora

My account currently has 3 sites. 2 of them work but the one that has most of my posts is missing. The latest email I received was the WordPress Team changing the setting of christineasp.wordpress.com (one of my 3 sites) to be publicly visible,. Other than that there are no other announced changes.

How do I proceed on this? Thank you

kokkieh
    Staff

Hi there,

When last were you able to still access that site?

In April 2016 you renamed your site christineasp.wordpress.com to misschristinep.wordpress.com. But that address change went wrong, creating two instances of christineasp.wordpress.com in your account instead. As of that moment misschristinep.wordpress.com wouldn’t have worked for you, so I’m a bit confused at what you said above about being able to still access the site a few months ago.

The address change failed due to a bug at the time, and we had manually fixed a number of sites that were reported to us, but yours was never reported, so it was never fixed.

I’ve requested help from a developer to get it fixed for you. We’ll let you know here once that is done.

kokkieh
    Staff

Hi there,

Good news: a developer was able to untangle your sites, so you should now be able to access your content again at https://misschristinep.wordpress.com/

The old address, https://christineasp.wordpress.com/, also still exists in your account as an empty site.

The topic ‘MISSING WEBSITE’ is closed to new replies.