Menu Glitch–Twenty Seventeen Theme

• Author

whiskeysourwayfarer
    Original poster

I have a pretty long Menu with a lot of links, but never had any problem getting the whole menu to appear when I scrolled down with the old theme I was using (I believe it was Button). When I changed to the Twenty Seventeen Theme, the menu will no longer scroll down. It will only open as far as “Malta”.

Anyone else have his problem? is it a bug in the theme? How can I fix it?

Thanks!

The blog I need help with is: whiskeysourwayfarer.wordpress.com

musicdoc1

Hi,

Are you referring to the items in the sidebar widget titled “Looking For Something?” on the site http://whiskeysourwayfarer.wordpress.com/? I find that it extends well beyond “Malta,” and ends at “Recipes,” under “Food & Drink.”

whiskeysourwayfarer
    Original poster

Yes, I put that there because the drop-down menu at the top is having this glitch.

whiskeysourwayfarer
    Original poster

The top menu is the part having the glitch, the widget on the sidebar is just a temporary solution. Has anyone had a similar glitch with the drop-down menu?

musicdoc1

Ah, okay, sorry about that. I originally thought you were referring to the drop-down header menu, but hadn’t found “Malta” anywhere in it, even under “Places” > “Europe,” where I now find it. That drop-down menu does extend well beyond “Malta” for me when viewing the site on a desktop monitor, but I do encounter an issue similar to what you’ve described. I can’t see menu items beyond the item “Spain,” there because when I try to scroll beyond that item, only the background scrolls and not the menu.

This issue shouldn’t arise on a mobile device because the menu is displayed differently in that case.

I’ll tag the thread for staff attention.

Hi whiskeysourwayfarer,

I’m able to see all of the links (beyond Malta) when going to Places > Europe in the menu at the top of your site. It would be great to know the following:

• The browser you are having trouble with.
    • Browser version number (you can find that on supportdetails.com.)
    • The device you are using.

Please also make a screenshot and upload it to your Media Library so I can take a closer look.

I’ll then see if I can replicate what is happening :)

Thanks for your help and tagging this thread @musicdoc1!

whiskeysourwayfarer
    Original poster

I have Google Chrome, Version 69.0.3497.100
    I used a MacBook Pro with the latest version of Sierra.

I’m not sure how to attach the image but I uploaded it to my media library.

Thanks!

kokkieh
    Staff

Hi there,

Thanks for the screen shot.

I’ve been able to replicate this issue, and it looks like it might be a bug with your theme. I’ve reported it to our developers to investigate further. I’ll let you know once I hear back from them.

whiskeysourwayfarer
    Original poster

Thanks!

kokkieh
    Staff

Just an update: it turns out this is a problem with the Core version of Twenty-seventeen – this is one of the default themes for the open source WordPress software, so any fix will have to come from that end before we can implement it on WordPress.com. We’ve reported the issue to the Core team and it’s currently awaiting a fix on that end.

The topic ‘Menu Glitch–Twenty Seventeen Theme’ is closed to new replies.