ME vs. RSS FEEDS – HELP ME.

• Hi,
    I’m currently working on a podcast. I have 7 or so episodes out already on Youtube, and it’s doing fairly well. Now I want to be able to put it on iTunes. I’ve been picking away at the process of creating an RSS feed url that works for a couple of long, grueling days now, and continuously running into brick walls has angered me quite a bit.

I want to use WordPress as the blog to host the podcast, since it has a pretty good interface (especially when dealing with the creation of the RSS url itself) but now I’ve figured out that in order to import audio I need a WordPress premium account. I’ve tried embedding audio from archive.org (where the files are hosted) but iTunes just responds

Can’t download episodes from your feed.

At this point I’m just not ready to pay, but I really don’t want to have to go back to square one again.

So, my question is – how can I, for free,, make iTunes recognize the episodes of my podcast as a part of my feed?

If you read through this whole thing, thank you very much. I’m new to this and it’s incredibly frustrating to be in my shoes right now.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• iTunes isn’t able to download episodes from your feed because the episodes are at archive.org and aren’t actually part of your feed.

WordPress.com doesn’t offer a free way to host your podcast. See https://en.support.wordpress.com/audio/podcasting/ for more info.

Last I checked sites like Soundcloud offer a free plan and you can get your podcast to iTunes through them.

• filmandstuffyt · Member ·

Argh. My only problem with soundcloud is that it has quite a low free storage limit, but I’ll try that.

• The topic ‘ME vs. RSS FEEDS – HELP ME.’ is closed to new replies.