Maywood Theme Navigation not fitting

• @fresatomica,

Anytime. The issue described in the github topic that you linked to is present in this case, but the issue described by @michelechou and confirmed by me is a different one. The issue is that on some browsers that automatically insert a hyphen as a bullet point to drop-down menu items, including Google Chrome (and, according @michelechou, Safari as well), in some cases the hyphen and the drop-down menu item text appear on separate lines, like so:

–
    sub-menu item

The browser used and the number of characters in the drop-down or sub-menu item seem to be important factors in producing the effect.

• ok great! thanks to you both for feedback! Glad it isn’t showing that way on everything. For some reason it is showing on mine using a MacBook Safari.

Thanks so much!!

• @fresatomica, or to whom it may concern:

See my previous post, because “The issue described in the github topic that you linked to is present in this case, but the issue described by @michelechou and confirmed by me is a different one…”

• Got it, so to clarify, the hyphens are part of the design of this theme. Firefox doesn’t handle them, but other browsers should be displaying them. That’s what the other bug was about.

The hyphens should be next to the menu item, though. Not above or below it.

I’ve duplicated this on my system (not in Chrome but in Safari current) and filed an issue here:
    https://github.com/Automattic/themes/issues/2201

• @supernovia,

Thanks! I didn’t see your latest post before now because the topic is hidden on page 2 of my “Replies Created” archive.

• The topic ‘Maywood Theme Navigation not fitting’ is closed to new replies.