Mass following is now a crime?

• Author

You really think that matters to be Raincoaster? Google rank? That just goes to show how far you mislabeled me. As you have already called me a troll on these very forums before. I am suprised they allow you to even mod… or are you even really a moderator? Hmmm

wpout

Jason has been very sweet and helpful to me and many others. I’m just a quiet, for myself kinda blogger and I can see how some of his methods are a bit odd but I really think he means no harm and is good for this site. I will miss his likes and comments if he has to stop following my blog in order to make room for the better ones or risk exceeding a limit or some such. Just my two cents. Hopefully someone will read it.

raincoaster

Actually, no. If he’s told you he has to unfollow you he’s lied. He doesn’t have to unfollow anyone; he simply has to stop mass following.

Again Raincoaster, yours is just an opinion. Why not move on and allow the happiness engineers to close this thread and shut me up. Don’t you have things to do?

timethief

What raincoaster posted was the truth. There is no limit to the number of blogs we can follow. However, if we act like spammers by mass following blogs then we run into the issue you have run into.

That statement makes no sense and I help bloggers everyday. Your opinion that I am a spammer is your opinion TT and you do not work for wordpress. Thanks for continuing to share your opinion.

wpout

No, he didn’t say that. I’m just pondering, I know if they put a limit on my ability to follow I’d have to be picky about who I followed and in the picking and choosing I’d have to cut some loose to make room for others. I have no idea what the limit is but I’m sure I’m a long way off.

willowwisp74

I adore the posts of opinonatedman. Jason speaks truth and matter-of-factly puts whatever is on his mind out there. He is the Emenem of the blog world. In reading Jason’s blog I have found my own voice. You need to remove his suspension so we can all continue to enjoy his brilliant style.
    Thanks.
    B. Criscillis

Don’t worry about it guys and thanks. They are flagging all of you for commenting here. Just hold off. I appreciate the support.

blackbird33

I disagree that OM is a spammer, but regardless I think that it is bs to revoke a member’s privileges and label them a spammer without as much as previous warning such as ‘stop this behavior or such and such measures will be taken’.

It is not an unreasonable demand to ask for a word of warning before getting blocked from pretty much all form of interaction with fellow bloggers. Isn’t interaction the point of WP after all? Because I participated in Blogging 101 assignments and 90% of the advice had to do with visiting other blogs in order to get people to look at yours.

Alas… *shrug*

raincoaster

You can follow as many blogs as you want if you register multiple free accounts or just use an RSS feed as the staffer suggested. The only reason not to do that is as I suggested, to use the Following technique as a way to draw attention to your own blog, which is a spam technique.

If you want to follow blogs, you have two solutions which work and will not get you suspended. If you want something else, by all means tell us what it is.

Again, I need not explain or defend myself to you Raincoaster and as you have already proven you dislike me… why keep commenting? I will wait for WordPress to respond, or not. This thread was merely an attempt to reach their eyes. Your “warnings” are amusing though.

raincoaster

What is the actual technical problem you need help with? You have two solutions.

Again nothing you can help me with Raincoaster. I will wait for someone that actually works for WordPress and isn’t a forum bunny. Thanks!

raincoaster

“A forum bunny.” How delightfully non-sexist of you, hon.

timethief

Rabbits? There are rabbits answering questions here and providing resolutions to technical issue – who knew?

Why thank you hon.

Amazing idea huh TT. Twirl it around. :)

timethief

I’ve been told one can twirl while twisting in the wind but I didn’t hear that from any bunny.

raincoaster

Amazing. Amazing what social media can do.

The topic ‘Mass following is now a crime?’ is closed to new replies.