• Hi you,

I would like to make some changes to the menu bar:
    – Remove the top and bottom border
    – Change the font
    – Change the size of the font

Other changes:
    – I would also like to move the header title further down
    – Remove the date-line on the posts
    – Change the name of “comments” – is that possible?

Also, I’ve tried changing the background color, and either I have to chose standard, or it only turns out in a dark color. Would it be possible to make the background color light grey?

I know that is A LOT of questions, but any help will be wonderful.

The site is http://www.ofstardust.co

Thank you!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there, have you gotten this taken care of? This topic has been marked as Resolved.

If not, let us know.

• Hi, yes I do still need some help with these things. I just wasn’t sure if I wanted to keep the theme after all, so I changed the status so I wouldn’t waste people’s time. But I’ve decided:) So any help is appreciated!

• Hi there, to remove the top and bottom border from the nav, and the background color, add the following CSS.

#main-nav {
        background: none;
        border: none;
    }

To change the font family and the font size on the nav, add the following.

#main-nav a {
    font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;
    font-size: 110%;
    }

Do note that the font you choose, if it is not an already applied Typekit font, has to be one that is already installed on a user’s computer. For more on cross-system fonts, http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_websafe_fonts.asp.

It is always best to declare a font stack (number of different fonts) so in the event the font you choose is not available on the user’s computer, you have fall-back fonts.

to move the site title down, I would suggest adding additional padding to the #site-wrapper div. Add the following and adjust the top padding value.

#site-wrapper {
    padding-top: 15px;
    }

To remove the date and line at the top of posts, add the following.

.post-date {
        display: none;
    }

The line, 3 Comments, is produced by the theme php script files and is not something that can be edited. You can replace the entire line of text, but the number of comments will disappear. If you wish to try that, add the following CSS.

.comments {
        visibility: hidden;
    }
    .comments:before {
        visibility: visible;
        content: "This is my new comment text";
        margin-left: 100px;
    }

The margin-left value will center it for the most part and you can edit the content value as desired.

• Thank you so much for your help and your time!

Does anyone also know how to customize the background? I would like it to be a light grey color (on each side), but when I try to do that on adjustments, it won’t let me, it only turns out dark grey (or standard white).

I also need help increasing the space between header and menu, and decreasing the space between menu and content, + increasing the space between the faded grey line (between the posts) and the post titles.

• The overall background color is set in body, and is currently set as white (#fff) in the CSS. Add the following to your custom CSS and you can adjust the hex color code as desired.

body {
        background: #eee;
    }

You can see more hex color codes for greys here: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp .

• The topic ‘Manifest theme css changes’ is closed to new replies.