Lost font

• Author

Hi, our website seems to have lost the original font we used and we can’t seem to get it back, its not in the list of fonts we can use either and it’s changed the whole look, especially as all of our marketing etc is in line with the same font and design. Can you please tell us what has happened and how we can get it back. Thanks in advance

The blog I need help with is thelondonwakecompany.com.

Hi there,

Hi, our website seems to have lost the original font we used and we can’t seem to get it back, its not in the list of fonts we can use either and it’s changed the whole look, especially as all of our marketing etc is in line with the same font and design.

Were you doing anything just before, like experimenting with your font settings?

Can you please tell us what has happened and how we can get it back. Thanks in advance

We recently introduced changes to the fonts we offer, adding new choices and retired some of our older, less used fonts. See: http://en.blog.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/new-custom-fonts/

While your site will continue to display the older fonts, unfortunately, if you make any changes to the fonts on your blog, it is not possible to “go back” to the font you were using. If it is one of the fonts we no longer carry, it will not show in the list any more, and you will need to choose a substitute from our current lost of available fonts.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi
    We weren’t experimenting, I just went to have a look at the site and boom it was completely different (reverted to the default font for our theme). Like you said its not listed and we can’t seem to get it back. We hadn’t made any changes to the fonts at all. There is no other font that even comes close and I’m supremely annoyed. All our marketing material matches our website especially the font and looks completely out of sync now, as there isn’t even a similar font that we can get away with. Why were we not warned of the changes that were being planned? Such a small change for you guys is a headache for us. I would like something to be done, as when I bought our site/signed up with WordPress I was not aware that they can change what they want when they want without any notification or consideration. Were currently mid marketing campaign and our site looks ridiculous and doesn’t match the material our clients are receiving. Very disappointing (me being kind and clean)

Hi there,

My apologies for your frustration. Unfortunately there is no way for me (on my end) to restore this font, but I am going to run this by our engineering team to see if there is anything that can be done here.

What is the name of the font that you were using for your sitename?

Thanks for the additional info!

Hi

Sorry I have taken so long to respond. Unfortunately we have not made a note of the font name in WordPress. When designing all our other marketing material using design programmes and via Windows it is exactly the same as Copperplate. I hope this helps, any further movement is appreciated.

rachelmcr
    Staff

Hi there,

The theme author for the Photographer theme decided to change the default font for that theme. You can read what the theme author said about this change here:

http://premium-themes.forums.wordpress.com/topic/title-font-change

You can also ask the theme author questions and get theme support directly by posting in the Photographer support forum here:

http://premium-themes.forums.wordpress.com/forum/photographer

If you don’t want to continue using the theme’s default font, you’re welcome to choose a custom font for your site by going to Appearance > Customize > Fonts in your dashboard. Please let me know if I can provide any further help with this. :)

That was ridiculously unhelpful advice did you even read the previous posts? We know how to change the font we did change it. I’m not going to repeat the problem please actually read the previous posts and then with helpful advice, you have not answered the question and i was answering in response to a question posted by your staff Jerrysarcastic. I’m getting really annoyed now. If you can’t handle this problem please let me know how I make an official complaint to wordpress.

rachelmcr
    Staff

Hi there,

I’m sorry, I misunderstood the issue you were having. I did read through the previous posts and thought that you had been using the default font in Photographer, which recently changed (and would explain a sudden change in the font on your site).

You mentioned that you were using a font like the Copperplate font. I just double-checked the retired fonts that Jerry mentioned above, and we haven’t recently retired a font like that. However, I did notice that you used to have a custom header image using that font. Do you remember if you were using that image before you noticed this change?

If you’d like, you can go back to using that image in your site’s header by going to Appearance > Customize > Header in your dashboard. That header image is listed under “Previously uploaded” there.

The topic ‘Lost font’ is closed to new replies.