Losing followers after changing URL, and even after the issue was resolved.

• Author

classicsooch

So I contacted WordPress and was informed that everything was just fine – and it was. HOWEVER, my blog started losing followers again and made several people unfollow. They had to refollow multiple times. And now I’m unable to even figure out what’s going on.

Thelitbiwi.wordpress.com

The blog I need help with is thelitbiwi.wordpress.com.

supernovia
    Staff

Hi there,

They had to refollow multiple times.

Can you list a few users or email addresses that made this complaint? With the email addresses, if you’ll type them here they will be hidden from public view so only staff can see them.

Then we’ll look at their accounts to see if we can see what you’re seeing.

Also, I noticed you got rid of some posts recently — did the trouble you’re seeing with unfollowing coincide with that?

classicsooch

No, the unfollowing has been happening before that:(!!

These people told me about the forced unfollow issue:

[links redacted]

supernovia
    Staff

@thelitbiwi could you send the email addresses, rather than the site links? I’ve removed the site links.

Email addresses will be automatically hidden here, so those would be best.

classicsooch

Okay here is one of the email addresses:

(redacted)

supernovia
    Staff

Ack, I went to test this and accidentally unfollowed and refollowed for them. That was my fault.

I did notice they unsubscribed a few weeks ago, then resubscribed. If they “fall out” as a follower again can you have them leave it as is, rather than re-following, and get in touch with us here? They’re welcome to comment in this thread directly.

classicsooch

Oh boy. What do I do now! This is literally such a nightmare. 😹😹

supernovia
    Staff

I fixed that. But, here’s what I need you to do now:

If they are removed as a follower again can you ask them to please leave it as is, rather than re-following?

Just so we’ll have something to test.

Then have them get in touch with us here in this thread.

classicsooch

Okay, I’ll just add this link to my about page. Thank you!

classicsooch

There are more issues now:(

People can’t see the “star” or “comment” button on my posts in the app. Only when you open the post, there’s the like button at the bottom. Could you help?

fstat
    Staff

Hi there,

Can you please ask them to take a screenshot of your post within the app? They can send you the screenshot and you can upload it to your Media Library for us to see.

Here’s how to take a screenshot:

https://en.support.wordpress.com/make-a-screenshot/

The topic ‘Losing followers after changing URL, and even after the issue was resolved.’ is closed to new replies.