Live Preview isn't working

• I’m trying to revert to the original theme after customising. I’ve changed everything back manually that I could, but things like columnisation are not working correctly.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• It looks like the original theme when I view it. Perhaps you need to clear your cache or hard refresh and look again? If not, hang on and someone more helpful should be along. Good luck!

• Are you still having any trouble with live previews? I checked http://lindarath.wordpress.com/ just to make sure it didn’t look off, and I see that it is currently using the Chateau theme and it looks good to me.

• I’ve had my blog going for nearly two years, love WordPress! But suddenly instead of getting a Preview I get sent to a page that asks for my email address so posts can be sent there. I have Coraline.

• Live preview is still not working…..can’t switch or preview….

• I’ve had my blog going for nearly two years, love WordPress! But suddenly instead of getting a Preview I get sent to a page that asks for my email address so posts can be sent there. I have Coraline.

That doesn’t sound right at all—it doesn’t sound like anything WordPress.com would do. What is your blog URL, and is there any chance you can save a screenshot of the full browser window showing where it asks you for your email address and save it to your media library so I can take a look?

Take a Screenshot

• Live preview is still not working…..can’t switch or preview….

New info. There is currently a bug in the customizer preventing it from working for Internet Explorer. We are aware of the issue and working on a fix. It’s a core bug, and if you’d like to follow along, you can see the bug report at http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21707

As a temporary workaround, you can use another browser such as Chrome or Firefox to get around the issue until we can fix the problem.

If you are experiencing trouble and you are not using Internet Explorer, please make sure you are using an updated browser http://browsehappy.com/ then please reply back here with your browser and browser version.

• It’s working OK for me now. It was Safari rather that IE it wasn’t working in.

• I am using Firefox and can not see my blog in Windows Live with the preview option. When I publish anyway, I can not see my blog post from my main page; however I can find it under “all posts”. Have I done something wrong, or am I misunderstanding how this works?

• @lindarath, thanks for the update!

@fightorflightsurvival, Windows Live? If that is a separate blogging application, then you may need to go to the developers of that program to ask for help. However, you mentioned you’re using Firefox? Would you be able to upload a screenshot of the problem showing the entire browser window so I can see what you’re seeing?

This shows how to make a screenshot:

Take a Screenshot

• It looks like the worst of the problem fixed itself – there appears to be a delay between posting and viewing. As for the preview option, yes, that is a blogging app which uploads directly to wordpress. Apparently wordpress uses coding that should include something specific for the preview to be seen in windows live. Thank you anyway for your willingness to help!

• there appears to be a delay between posting and viewing

Do you mean this happens inside the live previews directly on the WordPress.com site? Please note we did make a new update to the customizer today. Hopefully you will see an improvement.

Apparently wordpress uses coding that should include something specific for the preview to be seen in windows live

Ah, I see. Windows Live Writer is a separate application, and I’m not sure what coding you’re referring to. May I ask what makes you say WordPress should include specific coding for a preview to be seen in Windows Live Writer? Did you read that somewhere? If so, a link would be much appreciated. If not, not worries. I will see what I can find out on my own as well.

• @designsimply
    This is a shot in the dark. Could enabling third party cookies be a factor as it is when using previews? http://en.support.wordpress.com/third-party-cookies/

• Third party cookies probably aren’t a factor in the new live previews because we’ve recently made some updates to the code that should rule that issue out.

• It’s been a few weeks with no activity on this thread, and a few replies before that indicated the problem was resolved. I’m going to close the thread. If you’re still having trouble, please reply again and marke the thread as “not resolved.”

• The topic ‘Live Preview isn't working’ is closed to new replies.