link to torrents?

• Author

trupert

(Sorry for bad english) Hi! I want to write about a movie i’ve seen on the cinema. But all my freinds don’t want to pay for it! So i want to do like this:

“‘My blogg’
    I saw XXX XXX on the cinema yesterday. It was good. I liked it!
    <link to imdb> <link to NFO-file> <link to movie-site> <link to TORRENT (piratebay?)>”

Is it OK to do like that? Or is it OK if I just skip the link to the torrent-file? It’s NOT stright to the torrent it’s to a site on piratebay where the torrent is.

So how does it work. Can i do that?

raincoaster

No, you cannot. Or rather, you can, but your blog will be deleted if you do. It’s against the Terms of Service at WordPress; when you get a WordPress blog, you agree not to distribute illegal warez such as this one.

trupert

But i don’t host any illegal? It’s just a link to a site with a link to a site. But maybe it’s not legal? What if i use wordpress on my own server, is it ok then?

trupert

“Even if some Copyright lobbies think that downloading .torrent file constitutes copyright infringement we know better, the .torrent files … are nothing more than metadata and checksums. The data that you receive from downloading a .torrent file is found in the individuals computer … The sample links especially the video samples most likely fall under Fair Use as they are all under a minute and again we just link to the samples we do not host or upload them. Not a single byte of copyrighted data is stored on the … servers. Furthermore the .torrent files we link to are hosted on a different site … So to that end there is no conceivable way that you can get in trouble for visiting … You wouldn’t close down a news channel because they informed on murders, robbery’s etc would you?”

raincoaster

If you use wordpress on your own server, then you alone are responsible for whatever legal issues you encounter.

Linking to torrents that are illegal in the US is against the ToS of WordPress.com, so if you are hosted here, it’s going to put your blog up for deletion.

trupert

Ok ok i guess you’r right! Thanks for the answer.

raincoaster

If you use wordpress on your own server, then you alone are responsible for whatever legal issues you encounter.

Linking to torrents that are illegal in the US is against the ToS of WordPress.com, so if you are hosted here, it’s going to put your blog up for deletion.

trupert

But hey! If i skip the torrent?
    Like this:
    “text text
    <link to imdb> <link to NFO-file> <link to the movies homepage>” ?

I put up one so you can check. http://swerls.wordpress.com/

raincoaster

Try it. What do I care if your blog gets deleted?

Seriously, why take the risk? I think they will nuke you.

raincoaster

You can certainly link to an IMDB page. I don’t know what an NFO file is. The point is, you can’t link to content that’s illegal in the US. If you don’t, then there’s no problem.

trupert

No of course you don’t care. I just want to know if it’s worth the job to write about it if they will delete it. I like the design and code on wordpress that’s why I want to use it.

trupert

http://www.rlslog.net/vantage-point-cam-xvid-prevail/ Something like that is what i want to do. And as far as i can see, they use wordpress! But if they host it by them self i don’t know.

ellaella

That site is self-hosted.

trupert

Ok I surrender. So to do what i want – link to torrent or not – I need to host it on another server then the free on wordpress. Am I right?

raincoaster

If you link to illegal content from a wordpress.com blog, you risk having your blog deleted. If your blog is not a WordPress.com blog, these restrictions do not apply.

We don’t want anything. We don’t actually care what happens to your blog.

The topic ‘link to torrents?’ is closed to new replies.