jumpy font

• Author

credmayne
    Original poster

Hi, Until recently my blog opened showing the correct font with no problem. Suddenly it seems to start with one font and then jump to the correct one. Any ideas? Thanks.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

timethief

That’s strange. I tagged this thread for Themes Staff. Please subscribe to it so you are notified when they respond. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.

P.S. Note this new feature https://en.blog.wordpress.com/2015/07/31/free-google-fonts/

credmayne
    Original poster

In a chat about something else I was advised that it might depend on my broadband speed. I haven’t changed the equipment or anything but this is a possible explanation. Thanks.

kathrynwp
    Staff

When we recently added free Google fonts to all sites across WordPress.com, we changed the way web fonts are loaded. On slower connections, we used to show a blank page before the content loaded – now, we display the content in the theme’s default font first, so no one sees a blank page. We realize this means that there may be a flash of a different font before the page finishes loading, but we think overall this is better for folks on slower connections than seeing a blank screen.

This CSS snippet should return your site to the previous behaviour on loading:

.wf-loading body {
      visibility: hidden;
    }

Let me know how it goes.

credmayne
    Original poster

Thank you, Kathryn. I’m sorry to be so ignorant but I don’t know what to do with the CSS snippet! Could you elucidate? Thanks.

kathrynwp
    Staff

You would open up the Customizer and add it in the CSS panel, where you’ve already added this snippet earlier:

#post .sleeve {
    	border-top: none;
    }

https://cloudup.com/cUM5-f3CKyh

credmayne
    Original poster

Thanks, Kathryn. That seems much better. Thanks for your help. Catherine

kathrynwp
    Staff

Great, glad that helped.

The topic ‘jumpy font’ is closed to new replies.