Is there a way to block spam Likes?

• I’ve been noticing over the past two weeks that I now have about 8 spam followers that auto-Like my posts. Is there some means to block those Likes?

If I had a big blog with 50+ Likes a post, I’m sure these spammers would just get drowned out. But for a small blog, it’s kind of embarrassing to start with 8 Likes when you’ll normally get just a few legitimate Likes!

Not the biggest problem in the world, but if there’s a quick fix, I’m interested to know it. Thanks.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Sorry I can’t help you with this, I was searching for spam related forum posts because I’m getting a ton of spam comments. I’m sure someone hired people from a freelance platform to annoy people.
    My wordpress is the free version, just starting to revise old posts and WP is not filtering spam comments well.
    I hope you get your situation fixed! I’ll carry on looking in the forum for answers for my issue!
    :)

• @levelwhimsicality

For the time being, if you notice spam “likes” that violate the WordPress.com TOS, you can report them here:
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/report-blogs/

@mariskape,

For the comment spam issue, please drop us a line over at Akismet with your blog URL:

Contact Us

• @ gregwp
    Thanks! Will do!

• The topic ‘Is there a way to block spam Likes?’ is closed to new replies.