Is it possible? (Building new project)

• Hi,

So I have a project in my mind. The project includes something like Classified ads, paid membership and two types of users.

Project in details:
    The idea is to make a local tourism/transportation project which eventually can grow to international.

First type of user: Carrier (Transport company) registers or applies for an account, pays the amount I set yearly/monthly doesn’t really matters, and after he gets his account he can post whatever ads he wants regarding the available transport in different areas, different types of transport, prices, descriptions etc. Also he gets an public account where reviews can be written etc. The Carriers account page should reflect how many ads he posted, his reviews and whatever I select)

Second type of user: Consumer (Travel agency or regular company or a guide, whatever) can register or apply for an account as well, they pay the amount I set yearly/monthly doesn’t matter, and after gets to see all of those ads, can contact the “carrier” directly by phone, email and maybe even in-built chat. But at the same time the Consumer could not see the “Post your ad” button, the Consumers account page should look different (i.e. without the calculation of ads he put, only the reviews of the consumer should be, and of course the description, logo etc.)

So the question is can it be done with WP? I’m using WP for a very long time, but never built big real project for myself. I thought using something like Classiads theme and make everything closer to my idea, or something like Membership site, but in every case got stuck either to the different users question either to ads posting question either if the WP will handle everything what’s in my mind.

I’m not asking for a final solution, I’m just asking for redirection to the right path, maybe some paid plugin suggestions, or themes closer to the idea.

Would appreciate everyone’s time to read and efforts to help me out and to chat with me!

• Sorry guys if my thought are all over the place, a lot of stuff regarding this project is going on in my head :D

• Hi there!

It sounds to me like you have a pretty clear idea of what you’d like to do, that’s always a great start! :)

You can certainly create a site like that on WordPress.com, although, since it would require a combination of plugins, you’d need plan Business:

https://wordpress.com/support/business-plan/.

For creating a membership site, the best way is to use WooCommerce’s extension like: https://woocommerce.com/products/woocommerce-memberships/.

You can also check out the classified ads plugins like:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/classified+ads/.

We do not develop any of those, so it’s hard to recommend a particular one but if you have questions about any of them, you can use the plugin support forum to get help directly from its developers.

Let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with.

• Hey!

Thank you for your reply!

Regarding the business plan, I will use my own hosting and domain (bought from my local company).

So I checked out your suggestions and definitely can work with some of those.

The main question now is will WordPress CMS handle the big flow of users at the same time, and what about security? Since website membership will be paid and will hold some of the clients information. And speed of course, the hosting is pretty fast and if what I will upgrade to a better plan, but what about WordPress.

Thank you!

• Hi there,

I should probably clarify that we are not the only provider of WordPress sites and in this case our plans would only work if you were to host with us directly. Since you already have a site with another provider, our upgrades would not be able to apply in that instance.

The main question now is will WordPress CMS handle the big flow of users at the same time, and what about security? Since website membership will be paid and will hold some of the clients information. And speed of course, the hosting is pretty fast and if what I will upgrade to a better plan, but what about WordPress.

The questions you are asking are definitely hosting-specific. I will clarify that the Business Plan that @fresatomica mentioned would check all those boxes. As a fully managed WordPress host, we specialize only in WordPress sites and our Business hosting is set up specifically to work with the needs of a busy WordPress site. Our hosting is very fast, and can handle the traffic demands of large companies without issue, so it should be fine for your needs. We also take care of regular core software updates, security scanning, brute force login protection, daily incremental (and user accessible) backups, and priority in-house support via email and live chat.

Learn more about our WordPress.com Business Plan here: https://wordpress.com/pricing/

Regarding your current host, we are not in a position to answer those questions, but I do think it makes sense to ask them about how they optimize their hosting for the needs of WordPress sites. I will say that most “affordable” hosts will tend to have issues of one kind or another, especially in high-traffic situations. It’s one of the few places where you tend to get what you pay for sadly.

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

• The topic ‘Is it possible? (Building new project)’ is closed to new replies.